"Unapologize"

A/N: Hey everyone! I know it's been a little while since I updated. Life's been crazy lately, and I'm still reeling from the Mac finale. 😢Anyway, moving on to happier thoughts! This one was a song request from heatherbell168 As always, thanks for the request!

P.S. She also recently published a bunch of MacGyver one shots, so if you haven't already, go check them out on her page! Love you guys! Happy  reading! 💜
Song: "Unapologize" by Carrie Underwood
Rating: Everyone

***

"The deal is about to go down. I heard some gossip throughout the party," I tell the team back at HQ through my coms. "But, I can't find Mac. I think his coms went offline. Something's up."

Riley hums on the other end in contemplation. "He's not offline. Maybe he turned his earpiece off."

"It can't be that difficult to find him on a boat like this," I assure them before meandering around in search for any sign of Mac.

Matty sent Mac and me on this mission to track down and stop a massive drug exchange. A wealthy group of Malibu elites has been mass manufacturing crack laced with fentanyl... and who knows what else? But, they've been trying to pass off their product as pure cocaine. The biggest problem? People all over the state have been dropping dead because of it.

I frantically search the lavish, elaborate yacht of the woman we've been trying to track down - the one who is spearheading this entire operation. Mac and I persuaded our way into an invitation-only party, and right now I'm just doing my best to stay under the radar. Although, that's not easy in the skin-tight sequin dress the Phoenix wardrobe team picked out for me.

Throughout all the chaos of the party, I lost Mac about twenty minutes ago.

"Mac do you copy?" I ask for the hundredth time through my earpiece in hopes of a response. But, just like every other time, there's silence on the other end.

I make my way to the lower deck in the back of the boat, searching every nook and cranny. There are no guests down here. That's where, at the edge of the boat, I catch a glimpse of a shiny metal object on the ground.
When I walk closer, I notice it's not just any object... it's Mac's Swiss Army knife. I pick it up in my grasp, a thousand thoughts running through my mind. I look around, but no one is nearby. There's no other sign of any kind of struggle either.

However, a moment later, I hear heated arguing in the distance.

I slip off my heels in order to prevent their hallmark clicking sound on the linoleum floors, and I slyly walk around to the sound of those voices, only to find two burly men standing above a figure I can't make out from this distance.

I approach a little closer just as I hear one spouting, "We know there's someone else on board you're working with."

"It's just me. I swear." In an instant I know that's Mac's voice that responds.

"Liar," the other man refutes. "But, fine. If you're not going to help us, we'll just have to figure it out on our own. You're no use to us now."

From where I kneel behind some equipment, I see them clamp two heavy chains onto Mac's ankles and wrists as he fights against their grasp. But, there's no use in him fighting against the two large figures.