"Walkashame"

A/N: Hello again! This one is inspired by "Walkashame" by Meghan Trainor. I used the main idea of the song in a slightly different context, so I hope you like it! :)
Rating: Everyone (although, it suggests some mature content)

"Don't act like you haven't been there. 7AM with the bed head. Everyone knows it's the walkashame."

As your eyes slowly open, you feel a throbbing pain in your head. The only thing that beats the pain in your head is the pain in your stomach when you turn to your side and realize you aren't alone.

When your vision finally clears, you realize that it isn't just anyone sleeping next to you. It's Mac - the same Mac that you have been friends and worked with for years.

Your stomach sinks and you feel a wave of nausea as you start to recall the events from last night.

***Last night***

You just found out that you've been promoted at work. For the longest time, your boss Matty had stuck you with a desk job while everyone else on your team at the Phoenix went into the field. That doesn't mean your job wasn't important because someone had to watch over the team from home base, and you were the most recent hire to the Phoenix. After all, everyone has to start somewhere. But, Matty FINALLY promoted you to a field agent, so the entire team decided to throw a party to celebrate.

The party was held at Mac and Bozer's place, as most of your parties are. It was full of laughter, chatting, goofing around, and, of course, drinking. You had been waiting for that promotion for a long time, so you decided you were going to celebrate it right, even if that celebration was at the expense of your liver. You remember just drinking a few beers —- but then you remember the first shot of tequila. After that, everything gets a bit fuzzy.

***

As you lay in Mac's bed, you try to remember the rest of the night and how exactly you ended up here. You and Mac had been really good friends. In fact, you may even venture to say he became your best friend, but that was all you were - right? Of course you found him attractive. Who wouldn't? The way his strong arms look when he wears his t-shirt just right. The way his blonde waves hang around his perfectly framed face. The way his eyebrows furrow just slightly when he's concentrating. The way his hands skillfully move as he "MacGyvers" his latest creation.

Oh no, You think to yourself as you lay next to Mac, unable to move. Could I actually have feelings for him? You shake the thought from your mind. No, Y/N, this was just a crazy mistake. You both had too much to drink and were drunk out of your minds. You weren't thinking straight, and it just happened in the heat of the moment.

With that, you decide to quietly slide out from under the bedsheets and pick up your clothes that are scattered around the room - Mac's room.

You feel your way to the bathroom and quietly close the door, hoping to not wake Mac. The truth is that the last thing you want to do right now is to have to face him. You aren't sure what exactly happened that prompted you to wake up next to each other or what it means exactly. Maybe he won't remember any of it, you contemplate to yourself. Maybe he was even more intoxicated than I was, and if I'm not here when he wakes up he won't even think about it. You know that's a long shot, but at this point you're searching for any answer you can conjure. You quickly put your clothes on, without even bothering to look in the mirror because you know that picture isn't  going to be pretty. Without hesitation, you slowly open the door to the bathroom and wince as it makes a small creaking sound.