Chapter 52 (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Marlowe was great out there in the mission. You were there with him, right Floch?" Jean asked. 

You began to shake your head as Jean said that, but it was already too late. 

"Yeah, Marlowe was great. He stayed calm throughout the entire time and even encouraged his recruits. But in his final moments, I think he regretted his actions. All of it."

Hitch's eyes widened, clearly distressed. She avoided eye contact. 

"Guess that's what he gets for even joining the suicide mission." She muttered before walking off. 

"Hey! Why'd you go and have to say that!?" Jean exclaimed, appalled of what Floch just said.  

"Well, someone has to be honest of what happened." Floch replied. 

"Listen Floch. I know you're still upset about what happened to the Commander. But you don't have to be angry. Y/N tried her best, there's nothing we can do about it now." Armin said. 

Floch's eyes met yours. His scornful glare with the purpose of sizing you up. You weren't affected by it however, only giving him deadpan look. 

"Oh right, the mute girl who's an obvious danger to all of us, yet you still find every excuse to defend her actions. Like that's going to lighten my mood."

"Hey! What the hell is your problem!? She did what she could! Better than your whiny ass would have done at the time!" Eren defended you. 

"Maybe she would have saved him in the first place if you didn't act so childish and allowed your personal feelings to get the better of you." Floch argued. 

"Hey now...!" Jean began to say. 

"Let it go man." Connie said. 

"Don't. Don't try to make yourselves the mediators here. You two also made no effort to stop Eren and Mikasa for acting out." He then turned his attention back to you. 

"But what really pisses me off is why are you all going through the effort of protecting her. You all know how dangerous she is. Don't think I haven't been paying attention to what's being said about her! The survey corps knowing nothing about her abilities, the possibility of her dooming us all! And now this! The one time I actually thought she was useful, she tossed it away just to save your scrawny ass! Captain Levi and commander Hange know for a fact he could have been saved, but of course. They decide to defend her instead." Floch argued. 

Your glare faltered with his words, but you still held your ground. 

Armin was taken aback. He was speechless for a moment. 

"Don't...talk about her that way." his voice trembled with anger. 

"And what are you going to do---" Floch began to say. 

"That's enough! What's done is done! The commander is dead and you, along with the other cowards should be grateful and even thankful that Y/n grew a pair and did something. Unlike you who just ran his mouth the entire time!" Eren argued. 

A heavy silence loomed over. 

"Well then. How about you all inform any future recruits of what they actually signed up for and whatever she is capable of. So that any other cowards like me don't bother in joining." Floch demanded. 

His eyes met yours one last time. 

Your eyes glared back at his. A threatening one. 

A mix of 'you better watch yourself' and 'be lucky my friends were here' glare. 

"...!" He was almost taken aback by your glare. His eyes shifted away before walking away. 

"Serves him right." You thought before walking to stand next to Armin, who just looked miserable.