Chapter 40: Photo Wall

Owen
Over dinner, Athena's been acting off and it's been bugging me the whole time. After we finished off the food, Athena and I went back to my room to do whatever we wanted. It sure had been this way for the past four days.

As we entered my room again, I went straight to my bookshelf to go grab another book as I've finished the one I was reading before and Athena just laid down on my bed, throwing Eragon up in the air consecutively.

"Owen?" she asked from behind.

"Yeah?"

"You know, you could tell me literally anything. I won't judge." she said, suddenly stopping throwing my stuffed dragon up in the air and just sat up straight, facing me. I turned around in my chair as well, dumbfounded and confused.

What.

"Athena, what the hell are you saying? Uhm, are you high or something?." I said, pushing my chair towards her, not even transferring to my bed. Dude, what even happened? I just left her for a while and suddenly it's like, a whole different Athena in front of me.

"Nothing. Just putting it out there." She said, turning away from me, Eragon still in her hands as she made him dance with his tiny-ass arms.

"What?"

"You're confusing." she huffed as she threw the stuffed dragon toward the other side of the bed. My mind was killing me so I transferred to my bed and sat nearby.

The hell is wrong with this girl?

"The same applies to you as well." I murmured, clearing my throat.

What's the deal with girls being so mysterious all of the sudden? Like, my mind seriously cannot comprehend how confused I am right now.

"Honestly, I'm as confused as you are right now." she said.

Athena turned around and rolled her eyes then laid down, her head on my lap. Her deep, brown eyes stared into mine and suddenly, I forgot what the hell the two of us were confused about.

"Owen." she started, her huge eyes still staring at me. I gulped. She sounded serious.

"Yeah?"

"Remember when you promised to answer every question I had about you?"

I nodded.

"Of course. What for?"

Athena averted her gaze toward something and took my hand and started drawing circles on my palm. Her eyes stopped staring into mine.

"Can I like, ask you one last question?"

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

She entwined her hand with mine and raised it up to my eye level, smiling at me.

Okay, this is weird.

And cute.

What the hell.

"Where do you keep the other photo albums?"

Wait.

Don't tell me she made me go through all that thinking just for her to see some stupid photos of me literally glaring into the camera.

As much as I want to stop myself from laughing, I couldn't help it.

"Owen, what the hell?" Athena said, sitting up, removing our entwined hands as I laughed my head off.

It was hilariously Athena to make me feel all bad about myself when she just wants to see some photos.

"Sorry, it's just-- I don't know. The way you acted all weird just to see some photos. Like, uhm, are you sure though? Some of them are rather, nasty." I said, shutting myself up from laughing remembering how the hell Athena knew about the photos I hid and mind you, I think I hid them quite well.