Chapter 31

Owen

"If I had a kid, I'd name him Farquaad to commemorate this glorious day. That woman sounded so annoying. And I thought I was the epitome of it," Athena said as she sipped her chocolate milkshake that Mr. Jones brought for us today.

I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Sounds fair enough. I pity whoever's the unfortunate person marrying you. Your child names are horrible." I said.

She snorted and stared at me intently before overwhelming my senses with her electric smile. I swear, I had tingles all over my body, I must be sick. I still had a light fever from yesterday and I presume it was from that.

"Just hope that it's not gonna be you." she blurted out casually before winking at me.

I didn't know how to feel about that.

Though she did look adorable when she did that. I felt my face heating up and god, I must be sicker than I thought. Gotta tell Mum later. I feel funny.

"I-" I stammered. I can't seem to get any words out. Damn.

Athena laughed and made a paper plane out of her regular notebook paper before throwing it at me.

"Don't run away yet. I don't want you as my groom. You could be that grouchy flower girl whose parents forced her to throw dying petals on the aisle." She said as she bit her lower lip and leaned over and took the paper plane she threw at me and wrote something in it before handing it to me nicely. I raised a brow suspiciously and opened up the plane then read what she wrote.

I'm falling like the moon falls as the sun rises.

I'm falling as the leaves land gently among the dirt of the earth.

I'm falling as the gods fell for mortals; divine yet alive.

I stared quizzically at it and shrugged.

This must be one of her ways of letting me know she's smarter than me. She didn't even have to hide it like her straight A's or her posts online about the competitions she won at school or something. She just is that kind of person.

Even I was surprised I was okay with it.

I refolded the paper plane and threw it back at her.

"Whatever," I said as I started to clean up our finished milkshakes then fixed up my scattered papers by stuffing them inside my bag.

Athena looked a bit confused and disappointed when she caught the paper plane I threw back, holding it in her hands before shoving it into her pocket. It was not soon before she frowned and started to clean up too.

"You know, I have a hot date today," I started.

Athena looked at me like I was crazy and frowned deeper.

"With who? Wait, no. That's not realistic. With what?" she asked.

I smiled a bit at that. She does know me.

"Sleep. I did change my sheets yesterday so,"

Before I knew it, Athena was in front of me.

At that moment, I didn't know why I was even holding my breath. Was it because of her huge brown eyes that always seemed to pull my soul from the inside and twist it to whatever form she desires? Or her smile that showed her dimples? She doesn't even have one on the left side of her face. Just on her right.

"Don't go on that weird date with your bed. We still have some time to kill. Wanna take me on a roll?" she asked as she slung her maroon backpack over her shoulder.