Chapter 28

Athena

It was a beautiful day outside with the rain all gone and the sun finally decided to show up. Its rays gently hit my skin and I couldn't help but bask in it as I walked toward the Watson residence.

As promised, I came back to visit Owen. I didn't want to be on opposite ends of the spectrum with him, and I certainly do not want him out of my life just yet. And no, I do not like him that way. 

Of course, at this time of the day, I was aware that none of his family was home yet so I decided to go through his window again.

Thankfully, his window was wide open, as if Owen was expecting that I'll go through it. He wasn't wrong, though.

I went through his window and once I was inside his room, I noticed that Owen was wide awake.

Owen was sitting up on his bed with his laptop on his lap, his back resting against the wall. He looked incredibly focused on what he was doing, but I noticed he coughs every now and then into his sleeve. That was enough to prove that he was still sick.

Of course, I was also exhausted from school. I laid my schoolbag somewhere in his room before I stared at him.

Owen looked incredibly focused. He was typing away on his keyboard, his brow furrowed in deep concentration. After a few seconds, Owen must've noticed me staring at him. His light blue eyes darted toward me and for a moment, he seemed like his old grouchy self.

I didn't mind it, though. It was just Owen being Owen.

"Athena, I appreciate the visit but I have work to do." He said as he coughed into his sleeve and turned back to his laptop and typed away again, brushing me off.

Feeling somewhat offended that he'd rather be in front of a screen than with a real, human being, I sat nearer beside him and looked over at whatever he was doing. My eyes immediately widened as I realized what he had been doing.

Owen was doing homework. Or whatever school-related thing he had going on.

This idiot is obviously still sick and he's doing his fucking homework. I immediately frowned as I looked at him.

"Why the hell are you doing homework? Aren't you still sick?" I asked as I flicked up his dark bangs and touched his forehead.

It wasn't as hot as yesterday so that was good, but still, it was moderately hot. He still needs a break.

I was surprised Owen wasn't the least bit alarmed by how stupid he is for doing school stuff over resting.

He rolled his eyes and looked at me. His hair still sported a bedhead and was all over his forehead. His purple cheek was looking better today, even. I haven't asked about it yet but I will. If I remember.

"Turns out, I missed a lot when I didn't go to school yesterday. And I don't think I'll go back tomorrow or the day after. I have to catch up. Calix and Marley already sent me yesterday's homework so," he said as his voice trailed.

He really was busy. And sick.

I peered over his laptop and watched him do stuff for a moment. Currently, he was writing an essay for English class but he kept deleting and rewriting phrases.

For the next few minutes, I left him to his stupid essay. Mainly, it was because he really does need to catch up, and second, it was because I was annoyed with him.

To think that we had just made up yesterday was mind-boggling.

I was so annoyed with him that I felt my face hurt from furrowing my brows and clenching my jaw too much.