Hospital Love (Part 1)

A/N: 

GUYS IVE BEEN WAITING TO PUBLISH THIS FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER AND I AM SO EXCITE AND IT IS LIKE 8000 WORDS AND IT'S ONLY PART ONE BUT OMG SO EXCITE YAY.

This part does not have smut, but the next one will. Also, I've wrote this in many many late nights, so there are probably a lot of mistakes which please feel free to tell me about.

OKAY. PLS ENJOY. IM NERVOUS. YAY.

==========================

11/24/14

Today was my first day volunteering at the hospital.

To say I was nervous was a bit of an understatement. I had to ask my mom to drive me here just so I wouldn't be alone. I kept thinking that I would somehow mess everything up and put everyones lives in danger. 

"You'll be fine, Troye," she tells me as she pulls into the hospital parking lot.

I gulp, my fingers fidgeting with my brand new uniform and the badge I had clipped onto my vest.

"Wh-what if I mess up?" I stutter, looking at the giant building with butterflies in my stomach.

"You're a volunteer and it's your first day, you're allowed to mess up,"

"I know...but that doesn't mean I want to," I mumble, picking at my fingers.

"Three o'clock, right?" my mom asks.

I nod back to her, waving goodbye before clambering out of the car and walking towards the daunting building in front of me.

Taking a deep breath, I put on a brave face and walk into the hospital's main entrance.

I was supposed to be helping at the front desk with a lady called Carrie. Quietly looking around while I walk to the front desk, I'm happy to see that Carrie is an older woman with the sweetest smile.

"Um...hi, I'm Troye. This is my first day volunteering and I think I'm supposed to be helping you out here," I tell her, silently cheering when my voice came out steady.

"Oh, of course, honey!! Do you want to have look around or just start right away?" she asks, her comforting nature instantly putting me at ease.

"Well, I already came earlier in the week for training so I guess I could start while looking around if that's okay?" I ask, shyly.

"Sure!! Just head up to the Volunteer Offices and check for flowers and go ahead and explore," she smiles.

I place my sweater on the extra chair behind the front desk and head off through the long, beautiful corridors. The hospital was beautiful, and people actually came here to just walk around and look out the numerous windows. 

However, I stay focused. The last thing I want to do is mess this up. 

When I reach the volunteer hallway, I turn right and walk into the dark volunteer office. I flick on the light switch and see one flower delivery waiting for me on the cart. Scanning the sheet of paper, I see that the patient is in the cardiac ward.

I close my eyes, trying to remember where cardiac was, letting out a breath of relief when I remembered exactly where to go. After placing my phone next to the flowers, I wheel the dark grey cart out of the volunteer office and begin my walk to the cardiac ward.

While in the elevator, I grab the flower delivery sheet and scan it again.

Delivery: flowers