Summer in the City

A/N:

This is KINDA how I feel about Troye becoming an international superstar and slaying the world. Love him to pieces, but I don't want to lose him, y'know? Like, I don't know if he's going to SITC, AND IF HE'S BUSY/STRESSED, OF COURSE HE SHOULDN'T GO. But, I just already miss him. And, I don't know if he's going to be in "Special Auguest" because I don't when Ty will get the chance to film with him aND IT IS KiLLInG ME INSIDE. Unless they filmed right after vidcon, which is a possibility. I JUST WANT TO HUG TROYE SO BAD RN.

BUT, SO PROUD OF OUR LITTLE MUNCHKIN FOR SLAYING EVERYONE JUST LIKE WE KNEW HE WOULD. <3

P.S. 

this is more of a friendship one-shot :)

===================================================================

- TROYE -

I scurried up the stairs to my house, greeting my family while I ran to my room. I was late for my Skype call with Tyler. I missed him so much, it was killing me inside. I wouldn't even get to see him at "Summer in the City" because I couldn't go. Now, I wasn't going to see him for another couple months. God, I miss him.

I threw my stuff on the floor and immediately got to my laptop to call him up.

"Hey, babe" he says, picking up the call.

I can tell he just woke up because his hair is flat against his forehead, the mintiness emphasizing the indigo in his eyes.

"Hi, Tilly" I say, excited to see his face again.

"Where were you?" he asks, curious of why I was calling so late.

"Ugh, sorry. I got stuck in the studio" I sigh, stretching the cramps in my neck. 

"Oh" he says, looking down and fiddling with his fingers.

"What's wrong?" I ask, genuinely worried about his sudden silence.

"Hmm? Oh, nothing. I'm fine" he says, faking a smile.

I roll my eyes. 

"Tilly, come on. Tell me" 

"Nothing, Troye. Really, I'm fine" he insists.

"Please? I want to know" 

"I just...I just really miss you" he whispers.

"I miss you too, Tilly. You know I would be over there in the blink of an eye, if I could. I just have so much recording piled up for me" I tell him, sadness clouding over me.

"I know, I know. I know you have to work, I'm just going to miss you at Summer" he sighs.

"I'm going to miss you too. You have no idea how much I want to be there. I'm sorry, Ty"

"Don't be. I'm so proud of you, really." he says, giving me a genuine smile.

"Shut up" I blush.

"Seriously, babe. You're doing amazing..." he trails off.

"...but?" I prompt, knowing a contradiction was coming.

"Just...just promise you won't forget?" he whispers.

"Forget what?" I ask, befuddled.

"You know, all of this. The conventions, the videos, the collabs, the Q&A's, the shippers, the youtube friends, everything. Me. Promise, you won't forget?"

"Tilly, why on earth would you think I would forget?" I ask.

"Because. Because you're going to be a superstar soon, and next thing you know you'll be hanging out with One Direction and Logan Lerman, and we'll just be these small people compared to you. You're my best friend and I don't want you to forget me" he says, little tears crawling down his face.