The Boy I met on the Staircase

I was 10 years old when I first met Troye Sivan.

My mom had just gotten a new apartment away from my father after their divorce, I was exploring the building a bit. I can't explain my excitement when I found this hidden staircase in the back of the building. It was completely vacant, allowing me to converse with my thoughts. In the midst of my thinking, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I prepare myself for the impending scolding I might get. To my surprise, I see a small boy hopping up the stairs with a smile on his face. When he sees me, his face lights up.

"Hi!! I'm Troye" he exclaims, heading over to me.

I giggle at his excitement and scoot over so he can sit next to me.

"How old are you?" I ask him.

He holds up 5 fingers, excitedly.

"I'm this many" he says, focusing on counting his fingers.

I laugh again. He's cute.

I was 13 years old when I thought I was too cool for Troye Sivan.

"You guys have to check out this staircase" I say, pulling my friends through the shabby apartment building in hopes of impressing them with my secret stairwell.

I open the door, and my face falls when I see Troye is there.

"Can you guys wait here for a second?" I ask my friends, hurrying into the staircase and closing the door behind me.

"Hi Tilly!" Troye says when he sees me.

"Troye, you have to leave" I say, quickly.

"What? Why?" he asks, confused.

"My friends are here"

"Oooh, can I meet them?" he asks, happily.

"No, Troye. We have grown-up things to talk about" I say, trying to usher him out of the stairwell. 

"I can be grown-up" he pouts.

"TROYE, GO AWAY" I say, pushing him out of the stairwell.

"FINE, I DON'T WANT TO MEET YOUR....YOUR...YOUR STUPID FRIENDS ANYWAYS" he shouts at me, his big eyes filling with tears as he runs off to his floor.

I feel guilty instantly as I see him running up the stairs, wiping at his cheeks. 

I was 16 years old when Troye Sivan saved my life. 

I'm curled up in the stairwell, crying my eyes out. My boyfriend of had cheated on me, and I had never felt more alone. My mom was at work, and I had no one to talk to. 

"Tilly?" I hear a quiet voice next to me. I cry a little harder, knowing that Troye won't judge me.

"What's wrong?" he asks, sitting down next to me. 

"T-tim ch-cheated on me" I sob, trusting a small 11-year old boy to help me.

"I'm sorry" he says, leaning his head on my shoulder. He takes my hand and starts playing with my fingers as I calm down a bit.

"He doesn't deserve you, Tilly" Troye says.

"Th-thanks" I reply, smiling a small smile.

I rest my head on top of Troye's, sniffling, as I began to feel a little bit better because of the lanky boy sitting next to me.

I was 18 years old when I got too protective over Troye. 

I walk to the stairwell, excited to see Troye after an annoying day at school. Entering the stairwell, I gasp seeing Troye making out with some guy.