Subway SuperMan

A/N:

This will deal with semi-controversial issues such as race and sexuality.

I, for one, believe in equality for all. Regardless of our sexuality, race, gender, etc. We are all humans and we all deserve the same rights.

I won't go on a rant because then I will never stop, but basically yeah. Okay, keep reading :)

- TYLER -

I walk into the subway train, not making eye contact with any other people. I hate being surrounded by so many people, especially because I don't exactly qualify as "tall". People could step on me and not even realize it. Using my height to my advantage, I weave throughout the people to find a spot hanging onto a railing. I let out a sigh of relief, observing the cramped bodies around me resembling sardines in a can. 

A lean man walks past me, shooting me a kind smile, before plopping down into an empty seat. Well, that's odd. You don't get kind smiles from strangers very often. Especially not dazzling, bright, breathtakingly beautiful smiles. Anyways, how did I not notice an empty seat?

I sigh, leaning against the railing, trying to forget about my exhaustion. Two black women walk into the subway, one of them very obviously pregnant. I step out of their way as much as I can, trying to make it easier for them to make it through the crowd. They walk past of me, the pregnant lady stumbling a bit. I immediately reach out a hand to stabilize her, and she gives me a soft smile.

"Thank you" she says.

I nod back at her, smiling. 

"Come on, baby. Let's find you a seat" one woman tells the pregnant woman. I guess they are together.

I smile, I'm happy for them. Together and starting a family. Good for them.

The woman leads her pregnant partner to a seat where a 40-year old man was sitting. The rest of the seats were taken up by elderly people, and they obviously didn't want to ask one of them to stand up.

"Excuse me, sir. If it is possible, could my wife sit here? She's heavly pregnant and cannot stand for too long" the woman says, her arm wrapped around her partner's waist.

The man dryly laughs and turns away from them.

I hate people.

"Sir?" she repeats.

"Leave me the fuck alone. I got here first" he hisses.

I hear an annoyed scoff and turn to see the beautiful man who gave me that dazzling smile glaring at the man with a clenched jaw.

It was kind of hot.

Okay, not the time Tyler.

"Sir, please?" the woman says.

The beautiful man next to me stands up, standing in front of his previous seat so no one could steal his spot.

"Excuse me, Miss. But, I completely support the man for not giving you his seat..." he speaks up.

My attraction to him vanishes as I gasp at him supporting the middle-aged man's prejudice.

The two women stare at him, clearly as shocked as I was.

"Finally" the middle-aged man smirks.

"W-what?" one of the women speaks up.

"I would never want your beautiful wife to have to make contact with a seat that this man has sat on. Who knows what disgusting thoughts have been spread onto that seat. You are more than welcome to sit here" he clarifies, offering his seat to the two women.