Awards

{3 YEARS IN THE FUTURE}

- TROYE -

"BABE? WE HAVE TO LEAVE SOON" Tilly calls from the living room.

I'm pacing in his bedroom, trying not to panic.

"Troye? We have t--" Tyler says, walking into the room.

"Aw, babe. Don't get nervous" Tyler cooes, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my torso, pulling my back into his stomach and lightly kissing the back of my neck.

I turn around to look at him.

"Could you help me?" I ask him, quietly.

He smiles and raises his hands to my neck. His fingers work expertly on the tie on my neck, but my gaze is glued to Tyler's focused eyes. 

"Tilly, what if I have a panic attack or something?" 

"You won't. You'll be fine, babe" he says, laying the tie flat on my chest. 

"I'm scared" I whisper.

"I'll be with you" Tyler replies, leaning into my lips. Our lips meet and my worries melt as I lose myself in the feeling I get whenever Tyler kisses me.

I take a deep breath as Tyler grabs my hand and pulls me out of the apartment. We climb into the uber and I try to focus on the feeling of Tyler's fingers intertwined with mine.

The car stops and I take another breath.

"You ready?" Tyler asks, softly squeezing my hand.

I nod, hesitantly. Sensing my hesitation, Tyler leans into me and connects our lips. I sigh as the feeling of his soft, warm lips against mine succeed in calming me down.

"You'll do great" he whispers against my lips.

I smile at him and follow him out of the car. The minute we step out of the uber, screams erupt in the air and force a smile on my face. Camera flashes blinding me, as I blindy smile at all angles. Tyler's hand finds mine and I quickly interlock our fingers, instantly calming down.

Tyler leads us through the crowd, and I watch as the ground changes from pavement, to grass, to sidewalk, to a velvety red carpet. 

"TROYE! TYLER! OVER HERE" voices echo around us and the bright white flashes illuminating Tyler's face. 

Tyler looks at me, his eyes glowing, and gestures towards the multiple cameras. I pull him into my body, put an arm around him, and we pose for the cameras.

"CAN YOU GIVE US A KISS FOR THE CAMERAS?" a voice shouts. 

Tyler cackles, and I lean down to kiss his cheek, feeling his skin heat under my lips. The flashes multiply as the media rushes to get a good shot of the small cheek kiss. 

"Let's go, babe" Tyler giggles, pulling me along the red carpet. We stop every now and then to pose for the cameras and some quick interviews, but we slowly made our way into the glamorous building.

I have to pause a minute before walking in, taking a deep breath.

"You okay?" Tyler asks, kissing my neck.

I nod, trying to hide my anxiety. 

"Babe, just focus on me. Don't be nervous" he says.

I don't answer, trying to hold back nervous tears. Tyler quickly pulls me into the bathroom. Luckily, it was empty. Everyone else must still be on the red carpet. 

"Listen to me. You've earned this. Don't get nervous because however this ends up, you are still amazing. Do you understand me?" he says, wiping the nervous tears off of my cheek.