Stupid Fights

- TYLER -

I walk into my apartment, shutting the door behind me with my foot.

"BABE? I'M HOME" I call out to Troye. The house is pitch black, the darkness from the night spilling into the house. I flip on the lights as I search my apartment for Troye. 

"Troye?" I say, dropping the groceries on the counter. 

"TYLER?" he shouts from the office, hurrying out to meet me.

"Hey, babe" I say. 

He glares at me before turning on his heel and walking back to the office.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, getting concerned.

"Nothing" he states.

Shit, he's mad at me.

"Troye? What did I do?" I sigh.

"You didn't call me, Tyler" 

"What are you talking about?"

"You didn't call me. You were supposed to call me after your meeting. I didn't know where the hell you were! I was freaking out!! You told me you would come home after your meeting, and then you're MIA for the next five hours?!" he snaps.

"Troye, it's not that big of a deal" 

"NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL? I THOUGHT MY BOYFRIEND WAS FUCKING DEAD" he shouts, getting up from his seat. 

"Oh my god, Troye. Stop being so dramatic!! I'm fine, my phone was just on silent!!" I say, rolling my eyes.

"I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU, TYLER. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?" he yells, his eyes filling up with tears.

"TROYE, YOU'RE NOT MY FUCKING MOTHER. I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU WHENEVER I GO ANYWHERE. THE ONLY REASON YOU WERE SO WORRIED IS BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT I WAS CHEATING ON YOU, WASN'T IT?! I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU BEING SO FUCKING INSECURE ALL THE TIME" I shout, regretting the words the minute they leave my mouth.

Troye's last boyfriend cheated on him. When Troye thought he was at work, his boyfriend was really cheating on him with some other guy. Ever since then, Troye had some trust issues.

His mouth drops open and the tears start flowing down his face.

"Troye...I'm sorry. I didn't mea--" I say, reaching for his hand.

He pulls away from me, looking at me with his cheeks wet by his tears.

"Babe, please, I'm sorry" I plead.

"I hate you" he hisses at me, his voice trembling with his tears.

He spins around, stomping into our room and slamming the door behind him. I let out a frustrated groan, punching the wall as I slide down it. 

What the fuck did I just do?

I can hear him sobbing in our room, and all I want to do is hug him. But, I know if I go in now, he will just leave the house. I want him to be safe, and I know that as long he's in the house he'll be okay.

I can feel frustrated tears falling out of my eyes as I wipe my cheeks, furiously. I sigh, taking a deep breath before getting up. He probably hasn't eaten dinner yet. I walk to the kitchen, sniffling, my heart lying in my stomach. I make Troye some of his favorite pasta, hoping he will eat it even if he is still mad at me. 

I carry a plate of pasta to our room, knocking softly before entering the room. He's lying on his side of the bed, his back facing me.

"Babe? Do you want something to eat?" I whisper, scared of how he would react.