Hospital Love (Part 3)

A/N:

such a long wait and i am so sorry for that! 14.5k words though so yikers. also, next part is the last (i think) part! 

(fix my mistakes bc im exhausted + probs made a lot of mistakes)

THANKS FOR BEING SO PATIENT BABES <3

also, this part may get a lil' sad, but just stick through it <3

OKAY. ENJOY.

=========================================

1/1/15

I stare at the hospital ceiling, hearing the cheers of drunken people outside. It felt so wrong. For people to be celebrating the new year outside a hospital; a place where many weren't even sure they would see the end of it. Turning my gaze to Tyler who was pressed against me, I can't help but be filled with sadness once again. 

After my breakdown a few days ago, I felt as though I finally saw the bitter reality of his situation. Of our situation. This wasn't just a place I volunteer anymore. My boyfriend was sick. He was really sick. And he lived in a hospital. 

I clear my throat, feeling overwhelmed by emotions, and try to focus on Tyler's sleeping figure. If you just look at him, ignoring the machines and tubes he was connected to, he looked like such a normal guy. Like one that could easily sweep you off your feet and make you the happiest person in the world. Of course he can still do that, but I can't help but think of all the pain he constantly feels. The pain that he never once complains about and tolerates daily.

Stuck in my thoughts, I am brought back to reality when I feel Tyler's hand sneaking under my shirt to rest on my stomach. I feel the sudden urge to see his eyes and hear his voice and kiss his lips. Apparently, Tyler can feel my desire and sighs while beginning to open his eyes. "Hey, angel," he says, snuggling into my arms again.

"Hey, baby," I whisper, dragging the blankets further onto our intertwined bodies. "Happy New Year."

He squints up at me, yawning slightly before giving me a sleepy grin. "I always told you that I could spend a year in your arms," he says, smiling slightly as his corny joke.

"You're an idiot," I giggle, squeezing him tightly to me. He squeaks at my tight embrace, fighting weakly against my hold. When I let go of him, he pouts at me, puckering his lips in hopes of a kiss. I shake my head, pushing our lips together, hoping for a short kiss which Tyler never agrees to. As I attempt to move away from his persistent lips, he whimpers and chases after my mouth. I roll my eyes as he presses his lips against mine again, and I move away for the second time. "Tilly, please. Control yourself," I giggle, grinning at him when he pouts at me.

"Fine. Then, I'm going back to sleep," Tyler declares, sticking his face back into my chest. I sigh, glaring at the top of his head. "What? So I'm only good for kisses?" I ask, unwilling to let him sleep again. 

"Yeah...," he yawns. "That and cuddles."

"Wow. I feel so loved," I say, dramatically.

"You should. Not everyone gets my kisses and cuddles," Tyler explains, looking at me with half-shut eyes. 

"Oh, really? Well, then I feel honored."

"Good. Now, shut up and let me sleep," he says, curling around me.I finally let him doze off, twiddling strands of his hair between my fingers. 

1/3/15 

Attempting to balance the two lunch trays in my hands, I struggle to open the door to Tyler's room. "Tilly, I got lunch!" I say, biting my lip with concentration to make sure I don't spill. "We have sala—"