A War on Two Fronts

A War on Two Fronts

Donovan

Donovan slammed his hands on his desk, snarls ripping through his chest as he watched the conference held by his niece. "That brat has the audacity to declare my throne as hers?!"

Jameson stepped forward, "Sire we need to think rationally about our next steps."

"Rationally?! This problem should have been handled years ago, Jameson. I trusted you, I listened to your smoke filled words that she would rot away in that forest and wouldn't be an issue. That all the years I spent searching were just wasted time because she was mulch for the trees, bones for the animals to make their homes out of, a disgusted memory that I would forget." He snarled at the spark, stalking him with every step and pointed at the girl speaking in the comm orb, "Does that look like a dead girl Jameson?! Does that look like I need to think rationally?!"

Fear rolled off the spark in giant waves, his collected demeanor long gone, "Donovan-"

"Do not call me that! I am your King!" He roared in his face, causing the spark to stumble back on to the floor.

"My King, she has no power, no army. There's nothing to worry about. We will take Whitehaven, dispose of the entire line. Problem solved." Jameson's voice wavered as he desperately tried to reach out to the surrounding flora, preparing to control the raging alpha. Pain filled his every being, white-hot fire flowing through his veins, feeling as if he was burning alive.

Donovan laughed hysterically, "Are you trying to hex your King?! Look around you, spark. Your precious magic won't work here. I made sure of it."

Purple eyes scanned the room, "Bloodroot..."

Donovan squatted down, grasping the spark's chin in his claws, "I had my suspicions about you Jameson. So I employed an actual dark spark, one that would do my bidding with no hesitation, and do you know what she told me?" He tightened his grip, leaning closer to whisper into the spark's ear, "You're lying to me."

"Donovan, no. I would never lie to you." He choked out, tears running down his cheeks.

A devilish grin painted the King's lips, fangs glinting in the light, "Rauva."

A dark haired female stepped out from the shadows, grey eyes burning bright as she harnessed the energy from the bloodroot. She sent it flying to the spark's heart, an ear piercing scream escaped Jameson's lips. His hands turning black and shriveling down to the bone, black veins traveling up his arms as the venom spread quickly through his body.

"Only dark spark's can touch bloodroot. You lied and posed as a dark spark." He leaned back, red eyes watching the nature spark before him slowly rotting away in his hands, "One can only assume that you were placed here by your lovely cousin to watch me, control me, weaken me, so that they can take my crown and throne."

The spark struggled, gasping for air, eyes widening as the decay spread through him, going limp as the rest of his body withered into nothing. He leaned forward one last time, whispering the last words the spark would ever hear, "Long live the King."

Jameson's eyes clouded over, the last breath leaving his body as Donovan let him drop to the floor. He stood and glanced at the dark spark waiting for her next order, "Send that to Whitehaven. If it's a war that brat wants, then a war she shall have."

He left the room without another word, making his way around the palace until he reached the war room, striding in and startling the generals that sat around the map. "We need to move quickly, take Tacoma, and start surrounding Whitehaven to suffocate them. How soon will we be ready?"