Ancient Pasts

Siberia

She took in the beauty of the sight before her, the fresh mountain air caressing her face. The snow capped mountains surrounded the city and a light dusting of snow covered the castle grounds giving it an ethereal look.

"It's beautiful." She whispered, noticing snowflakes beginning to fall from the clouds.

He pulled his coat off, wrapping it around her shoulders, "Have you ever been here before?"

"No, never. You have a very beautiful home." Her eyes continued to watch the falling flakes, the lights of the city coming to life while the sun set.

"Consider it your home as well, you will being staying here where it's safe." He gently pulled her away, "The snow will continue to fall, Sia. You won't miss it, I promise."

She allowed herself to be pulled back into the warmth of the castle, the weight of the day making her feel exhausted even though she had just gotten out of bed only a few hours before. "Where will you bury Killian and Kane?"

Rhazo took his time answering, leading her down the hall slowly until they reached a set of stairs. "I'm not sure yet. I was hoping to get your opinion on that...we have our traditional warrior temple out in the valley...but if you wanted something else we can make that happen."

She leaned on him heavily as they started down the stairs, her thoughts filling with her memories of the two wolves. "Kane always loved being near the water and Killian was an eagle at heart. He always wanted to be up high in a tree or making me hike with him up the highest hill on August's land...he wanted to be free." She trailed off, her heart ached at the lack of Kane's presence in her soul.

Rhazo lifted her into his arms and carried her down the rest of the stairs, placing her gently down when they reach the last step. "I think I know of a place that would satisfy the both of them. I can take you to it once the blessings are done?"

"Thank you for your kindness Prince Rhazo...it's more than I could ask for." She bowed her head towards him, not trusting herself to do a full curtsy.

"Sia..." He tipped her head up with his fingers, "None of that, we are equal in case you forgot. You are the true Queen of Malmore. In any case I should be bowing to you, you're technically a higher status than me."

She shook her head, "I don't believe it. I can't be this lost princess that everyone thinks I am. I would remember something like that, wouldn't you think?"

"Siberia..." Rhazo started, rubbing his hand across his face.

"I can take it from here Rhazo, your father requests an audience with you." August walked up to both of them, clasping a hand on the prince's shoulder.

"Of course, I will see you at dinner. We have...lots to discuss." He said, squeezing Siberia's hand before walking away.

Her heart squeezed as he left, his absence hollowing out her heart even more. August took her arm and slowly walked her to the side where they sat on plush couches that lined the grand hallway. She let out a sigh of relief as she rested her leg on the soft cushions, the pain dulling down to a slight throb.

"I want to start off by...apologizing Siberia...I should have told you sooner, the minute you started presenting your Alpha traits...but I was terrified that if I told you...it would make everything more real. I raised you since you were a young girl, sweetheart, and I love you as if you were my own daughter. I look at you like a daughter, and I just wanted to protect you...it seems that I have failed at even that...I thought I was going to lose you..." Tears sprung to his eyes, the raw emotion coming from August was a new sight to her.