The Reveal Ball

A/N: 13000 word chapter, oops. I do have to say I may have over done it, but I loooooooove this chapter and shit is about to get real folks. Please please please keep sharing and voting and commenting if you love this book, I would love for Hunted Princess to get more reading traffic. Thanks! -Kari

Hazel eyes stared out the window at the crowd on platform, their cheers faintly heard. A sigh left her lips as she rested her head against the window, her softly curled hair falling around her.

A soft knock interrupted her silence, "Yes?"

Killian stepped inside, suited up in his armor, "We will be the fourth one off the train."

She nodded, not sparing him a glance. Kane sighed at her feet, they hadn't spoken since the night of the attack. She felt Killian approach her slowly and turned her eyes on him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked gently.

She straightened herself, "I'm fine. I'm just anxious to get into the arena and prove to them what I already know." She stood and fully faced Killian, "At the reveal ball tonight, the King will rank us and announce our first match and I will finally get a look at what I'm up against." Kane stood with her, shaking out his fur and rumbling in his chest.

Killian smiled, "There she is. The wolf queen."

She smirked at his comment, "Not a queen, just a warrior." Brushing past him, she went out into the main car, excitement buzzing around in the air.

Gwen and Collette were arguing in the corner, something about color pallet and dress choice for the ball. August stood in the center, his silver hair styled up and a gleaming black suit to match her black armor. He was engaged in conversation with Lady Arin who, as always, wore a gorgeous knee length dress. Conservative for her status, but nonetheless demands her the attention she deserves. The guards stood all around the room, keeping a silent and watchful eye on the group.

August's eyes focused on Siberia, a slow smile spreading on his lips. "Siberia, you are stunning, love."

Lady Arin turned to see her, a twinkle in her eyes, "She will be no match for the others, especially at the ball. The King may not even want to fight her, but rather breed her."

Siberia's eyes widened at the thought, "You don't think-"

August cut her off, "She only jokes, Siberia. I wouldn't think too much of it." He glared at Lady Arin, who merely grinned at him.

She smiled, relief covering her shock, "When will we know to unboard the train?"

August took a glass of wine off the table, "When you hear your name announced. They should be starting soon. They want to make sure you are all kept secret from each other until the ball. We will be taken to the palace to prepare for the ball. After the ball you will be taken to the askar quarters, Killian will be staying with you there to make sure you're safe."

Lionel's smooth voice filled the train car, "Demetrius."

The crowd erupted, screaming the shifters name. Siberia's eyes immediately went to the window, only to find them completely darkened.

August sipped at his wine, "Like I said, they really don't want you to see each other until the reveal ball. Sit down and relax my wolf."