Whitehaven

Rhazo

He watched his future mate lean on the spark as she walked away, he could scent the discomfort she was in but she did well to not show it to the world. He rubbed his eyes, a headache beginning to brew from the lack of sleep the past few days.

"Zo?" The voice of his little brother startled him; he hadn't been present at the meeting because of his lessons.

"Keagan, gods, I didn't hear you come down the hall." Rhazo turned, seeing his little brother gesture towards Siberia.

"Is that her? Your intended she-wolf?" He asked, his dark hair falling into his bright blue eyes as he flicked it away.

He looked towards her, watching her figure retreat up the stairs back to the healing ward. "Yes, that's her, Siberia."

He smiled, "Well I hope mom and dad find me one like her, you scored big time as far as arranged marriages go. So when will I be an uncle?"

Rhazo slung his arm around his brother's neck, putting him into a headlock and dragged him towards the dining hall where the rest of his family was. "Whenever you can break out of a headlock."

"Rhazo! Dammit, stop, I'm not a kid anymore! Zo!" Keagan pulled as hard as he could, digging his heels into the floor and pushing against his brother's hold.

"Oh yes you are, just because you're sixteen doesn't mean that you're a full wolf, you're still just a pup." He chuckled, nodding the guards that opened the door for him.

"Rhazo! Let go of your brother! You are a prince, you better start behaving like one." His mother's words slapped his ears.

"Pipe down woman, they're just being boys. Rhazo is teaching his brother a valuable lesson, a pup must know his place in a pack. Isn't that right son?" His father laughed, sitting down at the table with a heavy sigh.

He finally let go of his brother, the young pup fussing with his hair and glaring at him as he sat down next to their sister. The youngest of the pack rolled her eyes at their antics and placed her napkin on her lap. Rhazo ruffled his sister's hair, sitting across from her and next to his father.

"And where is your intended? I thought she would be joining us for dinner?" His mother asked, snapping her fingers at a servant to prepare her plate.

Rhazo waved away his servant, piling food onto his plate. He went to answer is mother but was cut off by his father.

"Let the poor girl rest, Cilona. She went through hell that day and stood toe to toe with Donovan and lived. I don't blame her for needing to rest rather than spend a meal with us." He created a similar food mountain on his plate, tearing into the meat like a starved wolf.

Kiara beamed, "Will there be a grand mating? Can I meet her? Can I help with the dresses? Oh please Zo, let me help with the decorations, it will be the mating of the ages!"

Rhazo smiled at his sister, "I'm sure Siberia will be thrilled to meet you, but like father said, she needs to heal first. As far as the mating ceremony, you would have to ask her if she would like your help."

"I hope she will be changing her name back. Siberia is not her birth name, it was her slave name. She should honor her parent's wishes and change it back to Neala." Cilona wrinkled her nose at the fish on her plate before taking a testing bite.

"That's her choice, mother. It's not really something that affects you nor me for that matter. I love her no matter what name she bares." He took a bite of his fish, the flakes melting on his tongue.