Mad King

Donovan

He wiped his hands on a towel handed to him by his head of security, the cloth quickly soaked up the dark red blood that coated his skin. "Well you certainly are not like your father, he would have given up hours ago. You must get that resilience from your mother."

Rhazo's head hung low, blood dripped from his lips as he chuckled, "You know, mom used to tell me how she almost had you. But then ran when she realized you weren't an Alpha." He looked up, grinning with blood coated teeth, "And ran directly into the arms of your brother."

Donovan felt his skin crawl at the mention of the infidelity, quickly grabbing the prince's face in between his claws, "Had things been different, you would have been my son. Had things been different, you would have been raised properly on how to respect your Alpha!" He shoved him hard against the iron bars, hearing the sizzling of his flesh as he bounced off of them.

Rhazo growled out in pain through gritted teeth, bleeding black from the wounds that stretched across his body. "I don't see an Alpha here that deserves respect."

He rolled his eyes at the response, turning towards the table he had prepared for this questioning. "That attitude is certainly from your mother. Even at a young age she would sass anyone that spoke to her, but she knew how to do it in such a way that people wouldn't even notice until she walked away...she was also a very good liar. Unfortunately that seems to have skipped a generation as you do not have that talent. Now tell me Rhazo, why are you a prince turned spy." He ran his fingers over the various tools until he reached his favorite, an obsidian plated dagger with a heavy golden hilt. He dipped the dagger in iron flecked water and quickly plunged it deep into the wolf's side.

A scream of pain escaped the prince, pulling against his restraints as his blood dripped down the tip of the hilt and on to the floor. "Maybe I was a spy turned a prince," he snarled, spitting at the King's feet.

Donovan squatted in front of him, "I don't think you realize that I can spend as much time as I want with you and no one will notice your absence. Your family is under close watch and your little doppelganger is in the cage next to you being thoroughly vetted by my best sparks." He noticed a flash of fear in his eyes, "Oh don't worry, I won't hurt a hair on his pretty little head. His mind on the other hand...well I can't promise anything on that. I need him intact to convince your father that everything is fine. But you...you're a different story all together. I can flay you piece by piece and put you all back together again, just like a little puzzle until you give me what I want."

Rhazo swallowed hard, "August will notice my absence if I am not there to train his askar."

"You aren't the only one with a spark that is...well versed in the art of shape shifting. I can easily find someone to fill your spot while you're occupied." Donovan twisted the dagger, hearing and feeling as the musculature tore apart from the stress of the blade.

"So what's it going to be little one? The easy way, or the less easy way?" He pulled the dagger up and out of the wolf's side, cherishing the screams of pain.

Rhazo vomited the contents of his stomach, blood mixed in with the bile on the floor. "Sorry to disappoint you, but you're never going to get anything out of me."

Donovan began cackling, "Oh I know, but that doesn't mean I can't have my fun with you. Alec bring her in."

He heard the soft whimpers as the eagle was roughly thrown into the cell. Her hair was matted against her skull and her once pale skin completely stained with blood and rust from the iron shackles. She fell on to her knees in front of the two men, cowering beneath the King as much as she could under her broken wings.