Put on a Show

Pictured is Killian's wolf :) 

Killian's laugh resonated in her skull as he helped Gwen pull her up from the ground. Siberia let out a growl, shaking off the helping hands and brushing the grass off the dress.

"Miss, you're putting too much thought into walking. You just have to walk, use the gracefulness of your wolf training." Gwen straightened the dress skirts and gestured for Siberia to begin again.

She let out a sigh and began walking down the cobblestone path that circled the training grounds. "I have fought in the arena for years, faced undefeated opponents, and this is the one thing that I have issues with, walking in a gown." She stepped on one of the skirts and began to lose her balance, Killian grabbing her arm and steadying her.

Gwen stood in front of her, hands on her hips, "Miss Siberia, you are thinking too much! I may just be a human, but even I know that shifters have a grace that no one else has. I have seen the way you fight in the arenas, and I have seen how the Queen floats along the ground. Close your eyes, and walk miss."

With a growl, she reluctantly closed her eyes and called on her wolf, letting her rise just enough to give her stability. She put one foot in front of the other, walking along the path, feeling with her senses rather than seeing with her eyes.

There you go, Sia! You're doing it! Kane yelped out in excitement.

"Now try opening your eyes," Gwen said gently, her hand skimming Siberia's arm.

Sia's yellow eyes flicked open, scanning the area around her. They had made it to edge of the grounds, the sound of the Askars training a faint buzz. A slow smile spread across her lips, walking along the path with confidence, turning around and heading back towards the main house.

She glanced at Gwen, "You said you were a lady's maid to the queen?" Hearing Killian's and Tobias' light steps behind them, watching their flanks, and Kane padding in front, ears alert.

Gwen nodded, "Yes Miss, I have been for sometime now. I was lady's maid to the previous queen as well."

"What are they like? The King and Queen? Is he as ruthless as everyone says he is?" She pried, trying to get any information on what exactly she would be dealing with when she arrived at the tournament.

The maid's heart skipped a beat, "Oh miss...I don't wish to speak ill of the King and Queen as they are our rulers...but there is always truth to the rumors that stem from the Kingdom. I wouldn't worry too much, my lady, the contenders of the tournament never truly meet the King, he just looks them over and then watches from his seat. The ball is merely for showcasing the Askars, and for flaunting of course."

Siberia paused, looking over at the others and seeing the various shifts while their familiars watched from the sidelines, providing power and support. "And the Queen? What's she like?"

"She's a Queen, she carries the weight of the realm on her along with the stress of bearing an heir for the King. I do feel sympathy for Her Highness, but she is a royal and she has her demands. But again, you won't be meeting them miss, why do you ask?" Gwen eyed the warrior curiously, noticing the way she held her herself as she watched over the other Askars, recognition sparking in her mind.

Siberia shook her head, "Just curious, it's not every day that an Askar like me gets to meet the royals of the realm. I'm a lowborn; it's surreal to be seeing them in person. Granted I'll be in an Arena, but it's still an honor."