Let's Begin

Siberia growled at her novices, each one slowly picking themselves up off the ground. "The task is simple, get around me and ring the bell. On the line again, we will run this until you succeed." She could smell the agitation rolling off of each one, their familiars stood off to the side with Kane.

            A young girl crouched down and shifted into a lithe grey wolf, her muzzle was pulled up into a snarl. She launched herself at Siberia who merely kicked her back onto the ground. The two males took this distraction to attempt to bolt around her, but Siberia flipped through the air and took their feet out from under them. The final female was hesitating at the line, watching how easily the others went down. Siberia straightened and challenged her remaining novice with a growl.

            Siberia's snarl was cut off when she felt claws scrape along her back, she whirled around and dug her claws into the wolf that had attacked her and through them back to the starting line. The grey wolf shook herself off and stood, snarling and tensing to launch herself again. Siberia grinned at the challenged and motioned for her to come forward, the wolf obliged. She waited until the wolf launched herself at her throat and grabbed her in a tight hold around her neck, throwing her back at the line.

            "Try to not be that predictable, Amelia the obvious attack is for the throat. Do not go for the obvious attack. Or you will lose every time. If any of you want to make it in the Arena you must get creative with your attacks. Is that understood?" Siberia lectured the novices in front her, noticing the grey wolf only kick up her snarls.

            One of the males, Michael, padded his way back to the line and accidently brushed up against Amelia, sending her into a blind attack. She was a small wolf, but she had her jaws locked around his neck, Michael kept snapping at her, trying to buck her off but couldn't. The familiars jumped in trying to save their soul bonds but started attacking each other. Sia shifted into her wolf form and grabbed the grey wolf with her own fangs sinking deep into the wolf's scruff. A loud roar tore through her chest and the struggling wolf went limp, letting go of Michael. She threw the novice down and placed both front paws heavily on the wolf's ribs.

            How dare you attack your pack-mate, how dare you put your soul-bond in a position of danger, do you have any idea what would have happened if your soul-bond died?! She snarled at the wolf that was barring her neck in submission.

            If you dare try that again, I will make sure that you never see the inside of an arena. You do not take your failures out on your pack. Stay here. With another growl, Siberia left the trembling wolf and went over to where Michael had shifted back to his human form, clutching his neck while his familiar hovered over him protectively. Sia shifted and placed her hands on the shifters shoulders, drawing out some of his pain into her own body. Kane's paws could be heard flying over the training grounds while the two healers followed close behind.

            The healers didn't even ask, they were so used to the novices getting hurt that they expected it at this point. Siberia kept a close eye on Amelia as she stayed perfectly still on the grass. Kane brushed up against her legs, It happens Sia, don't be too hard on her.

            I know but still. These are my novices and they are essentially my legacy. I don't want to disappoint August; I know he has high expectations of me. And it's not like she's a fresh novice with no control, she's a month in. Just frustrating. She sighed and went over to the healers, "How is he?"

            They lifted Michael up into the air with their magic, the citrus scent tickling her nose. Healer Jane smiled and changed the citrus to vanilla, calming Siberia instantly, "He will be perfectly fine, just needs some rest so his healing can finish. We jump started it for him, she didn't get him too bad. You'll have your novice back tomorrow morning for first run. I've alerted August, he already knows and says not to worry." The healers walked away with the novice floating in between them.