|Douma| Touch

"So what do you say?" Kanae placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Will you come with me?"

Y/N avoided looking at her sister, knowing just a glimpse of her soft smile she would already agree.

"It will only take a while, Y/N. There have just been reports about a strong demon," she continued.

"Maybe you should ask, I don't know, other pillar friends? This demon sounds serious." Y/N continued to clean her sword.

"Please?" Kanae hugged her. "Just accompany me on this mission. Just this one."

"Like I said, sis. I'm still a Hinoe. And Shinobu's a Mizunoto. We're still not ready for missions like that."

"But it will be lonely," Kanae pouted. "It will only take a while. I think we can handle this."

"You can handle this. You're a hashira!"

"Remind me again why am I here?" Shinobu sighed as they patrolled the village. The two sisters glance at their eldest, who was surprisingly quiet. Kanae held her hand up, signaling them to stop. The silence of the night was disturbed by a bloody scream of a woman. In no time, the sisters made their way to the victim.

"What the--?!"

"H-H-Help me!" The woman cried, holding her bleeding shoulder as the demon slurped the torn part off.

"My, my. What do we have here? A full course meal?" Douma joked, eyeing the three of them before staring at Y/N. "Well aren't you a snack?"

Y/N wasted no time drawing her sword before being stopped by Kanae. "Don't. He's an upper moon."

"How can you tell?" Y/N was getting frustrated by the sly grin of the demon and the woman growing weaker from the blood loss.

"His eyes." Kanae glared. "Number three. Shinobu, Y/N—" She pulled them close, whispering the plan.

"Are you serious?!" Shinobu exclaimed.

"Just trust me," Kanae whispered. "Now!"

The three of them ran in different directions, calling out their breath styles. Shinobu was the first to strike, aiming for Douma's shoulder with Kanae slicing him behind and Y/N stabbing his ankles. But all stopped when Douma drew his fan, pushing all of them away.

"Now, now, you don't think I'd let you all have it easy." Douma smiled, pointing at Y/N. "But I don't mind if it's you."

Kanae signaled the plan to her two sisters. With a nod, Y/N attacked head-on. Douma flashed an amuse toothy grin as he dodged the other two's attack and swiftly scooping Y/N to his side.

"Y/N!"

"Take her and get out!" Y/N pointed to the injured woman as she struggled to his grip, kicking and clawing.

"Aren't you a feisty one for someone so beautiful?" Douma chimed, picking up her sword and breaking it in two. "You won't need that anymore. "

Kanae and Shinobu stood frozen. "Shinobu," the eldest whispered, getting in her stance. "Get that woman to the nearest clinic. I'll handle this."

Judging from the situation, Shinobu reluctantly picked up the woman and ran away. Kanae eyed Douma for a weak spot before spotting Y/N's hand signal. Mouthing the countdown, she ran forward, striking Y/N's lower half as Y/N raised her legs high. With much luck, it struck Douma's side, enough to release her with a small 'thud.'

Picking up her half-broken sword, the two made their stance. Douma chuckled, holding his side. "Beautiful, feisty, and daring. I like it," he laughed. "I was so scared you'd get cut off before I could even get a taste of you, Y/N."

Before Y/N could even react, Douma drew another fan. "Now, let's get this over with."

"Y/N! Kanae!" Shinobu shouted through the streets. "Where are you?!"

The moment the sun was finally up was the same time Shinobu spotted her two sisters on the side, covered in blood. She wasted no time running over.

Dread washed over her as Kanae remained motionless, and Y/N, pale as a ghost. "What happened?!" Shinobu exclaimed. "Y/N! K-Kanae is..."

It was then when Shinobu realized the large bite mark on Y/N's shoulder, bleeding profusely. Shinobu took her haori off, wrapping it to her sister.

"Ah, I think I took too much," Douma said to himself as he licks his bloody fingers. Thinking about the last moment he held Y/N made his heart pound. He watched as the villagers rush to their side, the villagers he ordered to come. "Get well soon, Y/N. I'll be waiting."

It has been months since the tragedy of Kanae's death and Y/N's recent full recovery.

"No, It's fine. You can place it at the table," she said to the servant of the Butterfly Estate. The servant placed her lunch, getting the previous untouched tray from the table.

"The Rock Hashira visited earlier," the servant said. Y/N winced at the word 'hashira.'

"Tell him I'm not planning on being the next Flower Hashira." She pulled the cover over her. "I'm quitting the Demon Slaying Corps."

"If you quit now, your sister's death would be in vain." Y/N jolted up to see Himejima at the door. "Child, if you continue being like that, the demon that killed Kanae will grow stronger as you grow weaker."

Feeling a knot on her throat, Y/N choked back her tears. "Then that means someone like you should face that demon. I-If I wasn't there... If I didn't get caught then maybe—"

"The corps underestimated the situation. It was no one's fault." Y/N could see droplets falling on her bed. "The only thing you could do right now is put on a brave face. For your sister Shinobu and Kanao as well."

"Your home." Shinobu, along with Kanao ran over to Y/N. "Did you find any traces?"

"No. I asked everyone but they never saw him again." She clenched her fist, her determination growing stronger each day. "I won't give up until I kill him with my own hands."

"Ms. Y/N," a soft voice spoke. It was one of the servants holding a box. "This was left for you at the door."

Thanking the servant she excuses herself from her sisters. Placing the box on her table she noticed how it made a 'clanging' noise. Curiosity got the better of her as she opens the box. Revealing her broken sword from the fight along with a note.

I already have my memento, I think this should be perfect for yours.

She wasted no time ripping the paper to shreds. Throwing the box away she could still see traces of blood from the previous fight.

"And where do you think you're going?" Shinobu raised a brow. Y/N paid no attention to her as she stormed outside.

"You bastard! No matter what I'll find you and I'll kill you!!" She screamed at the dark forest, knowing full well he's near judging from the echoing cackles coming inside.

Shinobu ran after her, pulling Y/N back to the estate. "Let's go. It's too dangerous here."

Weeks have gone by and Y/N would receive more packages. Less morbid after the other. It all depends on the places she would go to. When she visited a village known for its high-quality fabric, she would get a kimono made from the same silk she touched earlier. Even the hand mirrors or shoes she would just gaze, at will always end up in a package at her doorstep.

Everyone was grinning ear to ear at the thought of Y/N having a secret admirer. But only she knows who the real person is behind the gifts.

And the person who killed her sister is the same person she's waiting for at the river bank dead of the night.

"Took you long enough," Y/N spat.

Douma grinned wider, revealing himself in the moonlight. "I want to be prepared for our special night."

To be continued...