|Senjuro| Memories [Angst]

"Is it there?" Senjuro asked, inspecting the cart for the umpteenth time.

"All set," Y/N replied.

He pulled the cover off, counting the luggage one by one. "We didn't forget anything?"

Y/N placed a hand on his shoulder. "Sen, everything's there."

He glanced at her before sighing. "I know. It's just..."

"Your first time visiting your brother?" He nodded.

"He will be happy with the gifts you brought. Now fix the cover. I'm going to get him." She excused herself, retreating at their house. Not long after, they started to head their way to the Demon Slayer Corps.

Their kid immediately jumped off the carriage, already running around. A complete opposite of his father.

"Brother, it's me. How are you?" Senjuro asked, voice quivering. It reminded Y/N the way her husband would talk when they were kids but she was busy setting up the small picnic to hear what he was saying.

"Mommy." Their child tugged on her dress, eyeing his father curiously. "Why is daddy talking to a stone? Is he going crazy like grandpapa?"

"No, sweetheart. Daddy's talking to Uncle." She hushed their child, even if the cemetery was empty today.

His eyes beamed up. "Uncle Kyojuwo! Uncle Kyojuwo!" He ran up to the tombstone. "Thank you for playing with me, and—and for keeping the monsters away at night!"

"Playing... monsters... at night?!" Both of them exclaimed, exchanging glances.

"Sweetie, how did you know Uncle Kyojuro's name?" Y/N wondered. Senjuro didn't deal well with his... passing. And the Rengoku family never talked about him. They were too much in pain to even utter his name.

"He told me," their child nonchalantly replied. "When I was sick, Uncle played with me when you wouldn't let me out to play with the other kids. When I have nightmares he scared them away. Uncle Kyojuwo's cool!"

"But Honey... Uncle Kyojuro's gone..." Senjuro mumbled. He was shuffling his feet, a trait Y/N discovered when he's upset.

"He's not gone. He's not!" Their child huffed as if he's been insulted. "He always takes care of us! Here's here right now."

Senjuro's heart started pounding when those words left his kid's mouth. Y/N looked at him, bewildered, too. She was contemplated on going back, too spooked to stay in the cemetery.

"Wait..." Senjuro said. Y/N stopped in her tracks, finally realizing it. The wind was softly circling their small family. It was warm, like a summer breeze in May. Impossible to encounter in the middle of December.

Senjuro was tearing up. "Brother..."

"He said he misses Daddy so much. And he's proud. Daddy, Uncle Kyojuwo says he loves you. I love you too, daddy!" Their child hug his father's leg.

Y/N hugged him from behind. "Sweetheart..."

"I'm fine. I'm alright." He wiped his tears before looking back at the tombstone. "I miss you, too, big bro."

A/N: A few more requests and I might update less. Don't worry, I'll still be a KNY trash. I'm just thinking of starting a BNHA One-shot as well.