|Douma| Mine Part 2

Y/N waited for night to come. She was anxious. Mind contemplated on what to do. 

Looking back once again you sighed as you entered the park. From afar you could see his form, sitting on the same bench, on the same spot. You were thrilled seeing a basket on the ground.

You called out to him.

There was something off, you were sure about it. He slowly turned to you, smiling but not the same way.

"Hey, welcome back," he gritted. One thing you pick up from hunting is that you can sense much more than a human. You can sense fear. Not to mention the emitting darkness that was just behind him.

"Step out," you demanded.

He remained quiet, offering the basket full of fruits. "Look at these f-fresh apples."

"I said step out. Douma."

Your victim immediately went pale and dropped the basket when his name left your tongue. He was now visibly shaking in fear. You couldn't even tell if he was sweating or crying.

"You got me, you got me. Yay!" Douma cheered, stepping closer to you, revealing hind hand behind the human's back, getting deeper and deeper. "So you've been ditching every night to see this?"

"Let him go."

"He's so lanky. I bet eating him would be just the same as eating chicken feet," he laughed. "Straight to the bone."

"I said let him go!"

His eyes flickered to you, glaring with full hate. "And who said you could order me around?"

"I'm not in your territory." You tilted your head back, staring right back at him.

Douma's eyes twitch before returning back to his usual smiling expression. "What do you have to say, human?"

He flinched. Eyes going back and forth from you and Douma.

"Well?"

"Ah... Agh.. hngh..." He's breaking down, you thought.

"You really chose something pathetic like this over me, Y/N?" Douma nonchalantly shook his neck like some kind of dead chicken. "I..."

You dashed forward, trying to snatch him back. Douma raised him, throwing him up in the air before whipping out his fan to hoist him further.

"...I'm hurt, Y/N."

Hurt?

You look up to see him in tears. His vibrant eyes looking down on you with pure sorrow. The first time you've actually seen him show true emotion. 

You jumped back when your victim finally let out a scream. "That's bullshit!" Running behind him, hoping to save the human. 

Douma held your arm. "I'm at my limit, Y/N. And you of all people know what I'm capable of," he growled. For years of being with him, you felt fear of his position being the Uppermoon 2. "It's either him or me. And please note I'm being nice right now."

You look up to see the human reached its peak. Only a few seconds till he drops

"Lies!" You spat, retrieving your arm from his grasp. "Hurt? Really? Tell me how, Douma. Like you've really had any feelings for me. And why would you make me choose between you and him when you never even picked me before!"

"But I've always chosen you before, Y/N. Its always you, every time."

You took a deep breath, distracting yourself from the painful sound of your supposed victim's bones slamming on the concrete. "No," you whispered, "that's what you think. But you never did."

He was about to answer when you held your hand up, signaling him to shut up. "If you did want me, why did you have to sleep with those girls? They were food but why? Do you even have any idea how painful it is to sit at your doorstep, listening to both of you while I have to look out and protect you from the others to see what you truly are!"

He stepped closer, wrapping his arms around you. "I can explain--"

"Stay away from me!" You slapped him away, harder than you intended to be. Douma quickly healed from the deep gash you made on the side of his face. "I don't want you anymore! You monster!"

Silence enveloped both of you. Feeling guilty from what you did, and feeling scared because of his silence. Not once did he look away from you. Lamps were flickering around you before exploding. Douma, underneath the moonlight, smiled-- the smile he shows to his previous victims. 

"Ah, it's almost morning. Let's go home, Y/N," he said nonchalantly. You shook your head, throat too tight to speak. "I said let's go home." He pulled you along, walking past the mangled remains of the human you used to be friends with. "I'll show you how much I want you."

"Please... don't..."

"When we get back, you're not allowed to step outside ever again," he ordered. "I don't mind eating your legs all the time for you to stay put. If I can't have you, nobody else will," he smiled. "Not even him."

Heart pounding you quickly think of a way to escape. The adrenaline pumping in too quickly to feel the pain when you snapped off your arm and ran away.

Only to be blocked by a furious Uppermoon. 

"That's not the way home, Y/N," he chuckled, biting a chunk of your arm. "You're lucky were haven't got there yet. Otherwise, you would've trailed blood on the grass."

He was two inches away from you. "Now be a good girl and obey."