Chapter 8.2 ✔︎

Start from the beginning

Hoseok reluctantly got up from the couch once the words final couple of words had left the leader's mouth, legs swinging themselves off of the cushions and feet making contact with the floor as he stretched his arms above his head, unknowingly lifting his shirt the slightest bit and giving anyone who had their eyes on him the chance to take a small peek at the smooth skin just above the waistband of his shorts.

Seokjin leaned in to peck Namjoon on the cheek and let his left hand run back up the younger's back until his palm had found its way to the other's right shoulder, before he moved to get up as well so he could get back to his and Yoongi's room. He couldn't help the noise of surprise that left his mouth when Namjoon grabbed his wrist – after having followed him off of the couch – pulled him back so they stood chest to chest – and took his face in his left hand so he could bring their lips together in a soft kiss.

When the two of them finally pulled away from each other again and turned towards the three others in the room, faces adorned with gentle smiles that gave their eyes a twinkle, Jungkook had turned himself away from them and was staring at one of the walls, mouth pulled into a straight line and eyes blinking as if an eyelash had gotten in them, and Hoseok was staring at them blankly with his head tilted slightly back and his arms crossed in front of his chest, a stance very alike to the one he moved into the times he was monitoring them during dance practice.

"Sorry," both Seokjin and Namjoon apologized, smiles turning sheepish, as the leader slipped his hand into the singer's. Hoseok couldn't keep the deadpan look on his face from crumbling at the action, and a smile that made his eyes faintly scrunch up quickly made its way onto the dancer's lips.

"It's fine, though, next time it would be great if you waited until after I was out of the room before you started sucking each other's faces off," Hoseok grinned and watched with delight as Seokjin's ears shifted in color and Namjoon bit the inside of his cheek and turned away to hide the minor red tint his comment had caused to appear on the leader's face.

"Goodnight everyone. Except for you Hoseok, I hope you have nightmares," Seokjin spoke, the tone of his voice was serious, but it was clear to everyone in the room – maybe except for Taehyung, though that was because the second youngest was pretty much sleeping on his feet at this point – that what the elder had said had been a joke. The singer slid his hand out of Namjoon's and let a smile stretch his lips one final time before he made his way around the couches and down the hallway in the direction of his room.

"Goodnight to you as well hyung! Love you!" Hoseok called after the elder with a wide smile on his face, making sure not to raise his voice too much as he didn't want to accidentally wake Yoongi and Jimin, before he turned back around to face Namjoon.

"And goodnight to you too Joon, sleep well," Hoseok told the leader, keeping his eyes on his fellow 94-liner for a couple of seconds as he made his way over to Taehyung and wrapped an arm around the younger male so it would be easier for him to help guide the other back down to their shared room.

Jungkook turned his head and watched with tired eyes as the two elder members slowly made their way down the hallway and disappeared into their room with the quiet sound of their door clicking closed after he was sent a small wave from Hoseok, who'd caught sight of him just as they moved to step across the threshold to the room.

"We should get to bed as well Jungkook-ah," Namjoon spoke up – giving Jungkook quite a shock as the maknae hadn't heard the elder move to stand beside him – as he reached out to gently squeeze the youngest's right shoulder before turning around on his heel and walking down the hall opposite of the one Hoseok and Taehyung had gone down, leaving Jungkook behind in the living room.

Jungkook kept his gaze on the leader's back as the elder moved into their room, body completely frozen, which rendered him unable to follow the other. It wasn't until he heard their door smack lightly against its frame that he felt his body finally listen to him again.