He can't wait for class to be over.

Seems he's finally found Hazel.

It's too easy - too quick.

He didn't expect to find her this quickly. But he's happy he has.

***

Brooke watches as Stephanie comes out of her house and locks the door with her backpack on her shoulders. She watches her as she approaches her car.

Goodness!

She even looks better than before.

Damn!

She looks hot even.

Her new haircut is perfect for her.

Her black hair is no longer as long as it used to be, now shoulder-length.

If she looks this good now, what if she gets a pixie cut?

She should have done this a long time ago. She might have become popular and have guys trailing her. Brooke continues to think, watching her till she opens the door.

"Good morning B," she greets her as she hops in.

"Hey," Brooke replies taking her new look in. She isn't exactly used to it yet.

It makes her more beautiful.

"What?" Stephanie asks when she notices her staring.

"Is there something on my face? She asks, unconsciously lifting her hands to touch her face.

"No," Brooke laughs lightly. "I'm just getting used to your new look."

"Oh. You like it, don't you?" Stephanie smiles smugly as she buckles her seatbelt.

"Of course I do. You should have had this haircut a long time ago. It's perfect for you," Brooke tells her truthfully.

"Thanks."

"I won't be surprised if you start getting guys' attention," Brooke tells her raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"Eww," Stephanie grimaces. "No thank you very much."

Brooke just laughs and starts to drive.

She wasn't joking when she talked about Stephanie getting some attention from guys. She suddenly grins as she drives, remembering Cole. Hopefully, he'd eventually ask her out on a date. Maybe this year wouldn't be so bad after all.

A few minutes later, they're both coming out of the car and heading towards the front doors of the school.

They head toward their lockers.

"Do you think they'll remember?" Stephanie asks Brooke.

"Remember what?" She asks as she notices Chris at his locker with Jason. His back to them as they're passing.

"Look who it is," Brooke nudges Stephanie.

Stephanie follows her gaze and sights Chris. She looks away almost immediately and they continue their walk.

"Do you think they'd remember the game? The kiss? My face?" Stephanie asks.

"Nope. They were all probably drunk but Chris might remember," Brooke smirks.

"That one," Stephanie scoffs. "He'd have forgotten that night before leaving the party. That is the longest it'd have taken for him to forget."

"I don't think so," Brooke replies as they reach her locker.

She opens her locker and gets all she needs. She shuts the locker as someone says something behind them.

"Hey Brooke," Cole greets.

Brooke grins as she turns to face him.

"Hi, Cole."

"How was your night?" Cole inquiries smiling.

"It was great. Yours?"

"Okay," Cole replies.

He finally acknowledges Stephanie.

"Hi," he tells her.

"Brooke, introduce me to your friend," Cole says.

Brooke stares at him in confusion.

"But I've introduced you guys before. At the party," Brooke says.

"You did? I can only remember you introducing me to another of your friend. Um.....Stephanie was her name," Cole specifies.

Brooke finally understands the situation. She chuckles quietly and looks at Stephanie who is about to burst into laughter.

"She is Stephanie," Brooke says pointing at her.

"Huh?" Cole says bemusedly.

"I am Stephanie. The one you met at the party," She explains.

Cole's eyes widen, "You are? Geez! I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

Cole looks flustered.

"No probs," she chuckles.

"But you look different," he comments.

"Yeah. She got a haircut," Brooke tells him touching Steph's hair gently.

"Wow! You look great," Cole grins.

Stephanie blushes, "Thanks."

"Let's get to class, Brooke."

"Oh. Um...Steph and I-"

"Just go, B. I'll see you later," She cuts her off.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Run along now," she laughs lightly shooing them away.

They leave and she finds her way to her locker.

Cole and Brooke enter their class together and sit beside each other.

"So I was wondering," Cole begins.

"Hmmm?" Brooke looks at him.

"If you'd like to join me for lunch in the cafeteria. Sit with us at our table?" Cole finishes.

"I'd love to but Steph...."

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind," Cole interrupts.

"But-"

"What is it, Brooke?"

Brooke inhales closing her eyes for a few seconds as if trying to calm herself down. She reopens it as she exhales.

"Luke sits with you, yeah?" She asks.

"Yeah," he replies in a duh tone.

"That means Ivy would be sitting there too," she says.

Poison Ivy I mean, she says in her head.

"Yup."

"I'm sorry but Ivy and I don't get along. I can't sit at the same table with her," she says looking at her hands.

"That's it?" Cole chuckles.

"No problem. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable. And besides, I don't like Ivy or Aspen. She kind of infuriates me. I don't know what Luke sees in her," Cole adds shocking Brooke.

"Really?" Her head snaps her.

"Yeah," Cole sighs. "Finally. I've wanted to say that out loud for a while now."

Brooke chuckles and he joins her.

A/N: Happy Diwali to everyone celebrating