Chapter 26

"So Kara I was wondering, well I mean could , well please may you?" "Just spit it out Hope I have a series to catch up with why do you always come at the wrong time."

"Well I am inviting you to a dinner with Josh and I and his brother." "Are you trying to set me up I kinda knew that you had something shady up your sleeves."

"Very sneaky, very sneaky dear", "will you come or not and stop doing that scary thing with eyes it's so not cool are you trying to scare the shit out of me ?".

"Well honey if I had been you wouldn't have asked that question you would be out of that door with that thing of yours.""By the way did you just swear I thought we had no swearing policy around that baby of your."

"Kara my baby has a name please use it", "That reminds me why would you name your child after his father," I don't understand that logic,".

"Get married and you will understand Kara". "Hell no I am not planning on doing such a distasteful thing".  I would rather be alone and happy than be married to someone I will regret ever laying my eyes on them."

"I will come to your dinner so long you don't ask me questions about relationships or marriage by you I mean you, Josh and that nameless brother of his.

"He better be eye candy, I wouldn't want to stare at a grotesque artifact for an hour ."

"Oh come on Kara don't be so dramatic his cute".

"Cute I can't stand cute he better be panty dropping kinda of hot ," she said winking at Hope.

She was a bit drained from all the talking, she was not a socialite so she thought it a task to talk to others.

At least she was polite enough to say thank you to the barista or the waitress at the famous dingy and almost run down fast food restaurant in town.

The food was amazing yet greasy.

Kara was a bit excited about this dinner not that she would tell Hope that,it had been a long time since she had been invited to those.

Most people thought of her as a scary  uptight person so no invites.

Some would say she got a stick up her ass, snob or she needs to get laid.

The good thing about that was that she never was caught up in the whirlwind of their drama.

You know the fewer the people the more they want an entertainment out of your life. Kara would not give them that.

She was here for her lifetime vacation because she was not going to return to the society that had named her,stripped her bare of all human sanity.

She hated her old town and the people in it.

People were quick to judge what they couldn't understand.

They were rotten to the core,their decayed beings were traitorous.

At times Kara thought that maybe they were a society of Warlocks and those who practiced black magic because nothing good came out of them.

"I better be going Kara see you tonight and dress sexy".

"Hope it ain't like I am trying to impress why can't I come in my baggy clothes, I don't want to dress up at all."

"Kara please just do this for me I won't ask you for anything else anytime soon."

Sure thing Hope I will be there an hour after dinner " "Jeez Hope I am joking I will be there you don't have to squint your eyes at me".

"It makes you look ridiculous not mean at all."