Ch.16 Not the same thing

Start from the beginning

"Owen, do you think the ballroom is big enough?" Mavi asked.

"Yes," Owen smiled. "I think it will do."

"Great." Mavi jumped up from her seat.

Her family looked at each with confusion. Exton narrowed his eyes on his sister as Rye walked over to Xavier.

Mavi turned to them and took a deep breath, "I can shift now."

The look of joy and relief that washed over everyone's face almost brought tears to Mavi's eyes.

"When did this happen?" Xavier asked with a chuckle as he walked up to Mavi and kissed her forehead. "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"My baby," Rye pushed Xavier aside with a bump of her hip and pulled Mavi into a tight hug. Exton joined in, wrapping his long arms around his mother and sister.

"Good job, Piglet," He too placed a kiss on her head.

Mavi laughed as she embraced her family. Her eyes connected with Owen over Exton's shoulder. Her heart fluttered when she saw the joyful smile on his face.

"Get off her you two," Gemma laughed as she pulled Exton away. Rye let go and her empty spot was soon taken over by Gemma.

"I'm so happy for you," Gemma sang as she wiggled Mavi side to side. "What color is your wolf? How big is it?"

Mavi's eyes moved to Owen once again as she smiled mischievously, "Why don't I show you?"

The crowd moved through the halls and down the stairs to the ballroom. Mavi quickly ducked behind a large piler and began to remove her clothes.

Owen turned his back and faced the door. Both Xavier and Exton stood behind him to ensure he wouldn't suddenly turn around while Mavi changed.

"Cavemen," Rye snickers as she smacked Xavier's behind, making him chuckle.

Watching them, Exton stuck his ass out for Gemma to smack.

"Stop it!" Gemma pushed him away.

Owen stood staring at the door as the couples behind him goofed around. He found himself smiling as he waited patiently to see the look of surprise on everyone's face.

Rye was the first to gasp as the sounds of Mavi's shifting bones began to echo in the large hall. Xavier quickly took her hand into his and pulled her closer.

"Relax," he whispered into her ear. "Trust her."

Rye nodded. No matter how many operations she did or how many injuries she saw, the thought of one of her children ever being hurt terrified her to her bones. Xavier planted small kisses on the side of her head to relax her.

After several agonizing minutes, Rye turned to Xavier.

"Is it suppose to take this long?" she wondered.

"In the beginning, yes," Xavier said. "Her body is still learning."

Rye took a deep breath and tried to be patient. When she thought she could wait no longer, Mavi's voice finally rang out in all of their heads through the mind-link.

Okay....you can look now.

They all turned in a hurry. Their collective gasp reached a crescendo as Mavi blinked her large eyes.

"Ahhhhhh!" Rye screamed in delight. "I'm the mother of dragons!"

Xavier was speechless, he took a step forward and laughed in shock, "How....how is this possible?"