Chapter 21: The Silver-tounged Man

Start from the beginning

'The Stone World really forced Ana to change her every physical to be able to adapt. Or was it her survival instincts that she long had before everything? Either way, be careful.'

Or maybe she's always been on alert ever since she was awake for fear that something, anything, might happen. Ana is in a constant state of fear, not for her self, but for her friends. That's why... Her body has been restless this whole time.

In the blink of an eye, Ginrou had his spear pointed at the unknown man's neck, the same with Kohaku but with one of her knives. Kinrou had his golden spear pointed at his chest, close to where his heart is. Ana held out her hand as she were in the same position like Kohaku but in front of the man, William coiled around her forearm hissing dangerously and baring his fangs, which were glistening slightly if someone were to look hard enough at the tip because of his venom. She's holding one of the knives Kohaku gave her on her other hand.

She still wasn't able to see the man's full face, but Ana swore that she saw him smirk lightly at his predicament.

"Answer truthfully. Don't even think about lying or I'll cut your throat open right here and now. Are you one of that long haired man's people?" Kohaku interrogated.

"Please do as she says, Mister. We won't do the 'cutting your throat' part, but we really want you to answer the truth." Ana added with a gentle smile on her face that really is sincere. Maybe with an add of psychological tactic, but there's no way this man would know about it, yes?

... Even though a part of her knows somehow that this man does... Though maybe, William doing what he's doing right now won't help that.

'With Kohaku and the Snake Lady on our side here... I don't have to be afraid... I can act cool and tough all I want!' Ginrou though, a small bead of sweat betraying his true emotions trailed down on the side of his face whilst Kinrou just stared down the still unknown man.

"Mmmm~ Getting tied up by cute girls like you might not be so bad at all... But I think you're mistaking me for someone else."

The man, for the past few minutes of being here, finally looked up, showing them his face. Ana tried to bit back her gasp, but it escaped, anyway, when she recognized him.

"I have no idea who this long haired man is. Ever since I broke free from the stone... I've been all on my own..."

After all, how could Ana will not recognize the man she idolizes for as long as she can remember?

'Oh cosmos... How dare I threaten him?!' Ana dropped her stance, standing up straight and calming down William, who looked at her with a somewhat confused gaze but complied to his friend. He slithered back to his favorite spot, around her neck, but still kept his gaze at the man in front of him.

Senku's eyes steeled, "! I thought I'd seen your face somewhere before. Asagiri Gen!"

[Asagiri means morning mist]

"Asagiri Gen...?! Isn't he Ana's-" Lalaine said as she was walking close to them, but stopped herself from saying any words further as she saw Ana's mesmerized gaze.

'This should be fun~' Lalaine thought, the corner of her lips twitching.

"An acquaintance of yours?" Asked Kohaku, also dropping her stance along with Ana, the two guards are still pointing their weapons at Gen.

"Not even for him. He's a magician that writes these garbage psychology books." Senku depicted, crossing his arms.

Ana's body shook at that faintly and William is wondering with the sudden mood change of hers.