Chapter 21: The Silver-tounged Man

Začať od začiatku

"But I wanna do ittttt..." Ana whined, but figured it wasn't worth it.

'Wait a minute... when she said a rock and a hard place... it means in a situation where one is faced with two equally difficult alternatives... Hmmm... Lalaine only said try not to consume, she didn't say anything about creating one...'

We don't talk about the 'almost cruise-suicide attempt' that Ana almost did, at least that was what Athena and Lalaine dubbed it after they heard the 'news' from her cousin when they asked him how she was doing.

"Senku... You seriously don't beat around the bush in the least, do you... You're way to straight forward!!" Kohaku scolded, almost surprised that he just went straight to the point without being subtle at all.

"Hey Kinrou, Ginrou!! You guys eat too! This ramen stuff is seriously crazy!!" Lalaine coaxed the two guards, only saying the last part based from the villagers perspective and not theirs.

Ginrou tried to get his hands on one of the two bowls, drooling at the sight and smell when he was stopped by Kinrou gripping tightly at the back of his shirt. Lalaine chuckled evilly at this, seeing that Ginrou is really easy to bait- invite for the Kingdom of Science.

"There's no way we can let that suspicious sorcery food in our mouths! Besides, it's absolutely inexcusable to accept any food!! Rules are rules!" Kinrou exclaimed, sweating profusely because deep inside, he wants to eat, too. But rules are rules.

"Ohh, then what about that gold spear? Food is a no-no but you'll take offerings?" Ana teased, appearing suddenly from her previous spot and crossing her arms.

"YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT!!!" Both Lalaine and Ginrou agreed, Lalaine ended up giving the two bowls to the village foodie.

Kinrou doesn't know what to reply back and just settled on gritting his teeth while looking back and forth at the Snake Girl and the two. The three, continued to tease KInrou about the golden spear so he can finally allow Ginrou, at the very least, to eat ramen.

"Hey, if you take too long the noodles are gonna get soggy!!" Chrome informed, like the Google he is.

"How many bowls is that?" Suika asked the villager gluton, who is currently on his nth bowl and happily eating ramen.

"This seriously makes me wish I had something to drink~ Like a Cola..."

Senku stopped serving a ramen bowl, eyes widening at what he involuntarily heard.

"Cola?!"

"Is that one of your friends along with Ana and Lalaine, Senku?" Kohaku questioned, mistaking Senku's shock into a look of recognizing a friend. She looked at the unknown figure over her shoulder, taking her eyes off Ginrou and the two female patronizing Kinrou.

"No." Senku affirmed.

Kohaku stopped in front of Kinrou, Ginrou, Lalaine and Ana, hands on her knees as she catch her breathe.

"Kinrou, Ginrou, Ana, sorry to break up your argument."

"What's wrong...?" Ana asked worriedly, all traces of teasing from earlier gone from her face. William stirred around her neck, tightening his body but not cutting off Ana's breathing or choking her. It's just that, his instincts are telling him she'll be needing him. On her side, the two guards are now on guard because of Kohaku's state and sound.

"I'll keep the explanation short and to the point." Kohaku looked up, showing her serious face, "An enemy."

Kinrou, Ginrou and Ana were able to processed that in a spilt second. No movement and seconds wasted, Kohaku and Ana jumped into action while Kinrou and Ginrou followed them as they adjusted their hold on their spears. Lalaine was left behind in a nervous wreck as she witnessed their speed.