That One Girl Blaise Zabini Loved

Start from the beginning

Blaise swallowed leaning backwards and scratching the back of his head. What was this nervous feeling? He blinked and continued to stare at the girl in wonder. Contrast to the handsome boy in a luxurious suit, the girl was in a thick cardigan buttoned up all the way to her neck. She's wearing old looking jeans and white sneakers that looked like it was stepped one too many times to count.

He's never seen such a captivating girl before.

Not knowing what else to say he offered his hand out for a shake. "Hi, I'm Blaise Zabini."

She looked at him for a second with narrowed eyes. "I know who you are."

He blinked again and forced a laugh. Not many girls made that face towards him. In fact, even Daphne and Kally do a double take from time to time when they see him. "I don't know who you are."

The girl turned away. "That's how I like it."

Blaise's jaw dropped in surprise. Certainly, no girl looked away from him.

She blew his mind.

-

In line to be called for the sorting hat, Blaise was bored and looking around the students beside him. There were many people he wasn't familiar with. It was mostly because they're not all pure of blood but that didn't really bother him.

Suddenly, he spots dark black hair and massive square glasses not too far from him. Blaise immediately felt himself smile. Just when he gathered his thoughts, she moved forward.

"Lisa Turpin."

So that was her name.

Small, frail looking but extremely attention grabbing -for Blaise at least- she walked to the mangled looking hat and sat.

Curiosity piqued, Blaise felt himself step closer to the front to get a better view of her. Would she be in the house of the elite- Slytherins? Or would she be an astounding Hufflepuff? Maybe a reckless Gryffindor- Merlin please no.

"Ravenclaw!"

He suddenly liked her even more.

-

Days passed and Blaise quietly observed Lisa Turpin. Like most students, Lisa kept to her house. In class she was very quiet, did not participate yet usually had high grades in quizzes. Outside of class, Blaise hardly ever saw her. If he did, it would usually be in a corner of the library or by the port where they went down from the boats.

All of those times, her head was buried in a book and eating chocolate frogs.

It's mid afternoon in Hogwarts and Blaise just finished his classes for the day. Daphne and Theo were trying to sneak into the kitchens while Draco and Kally had training for Quidditch. He didn't want to know what kind of trouble Greg and Vince did to get into detention.

Yet again, he was alone.

Unconsciously, he found himself checking the library for any black hair with long bangs and thick rimmed glasses but saw none. Blaise did find many of his suitors there and made an effort to avoid them as much as possible. From time to time, Blaise did enjoy the attention that he received but most times it was rather annoying. He knew his looks were the main cause but really, there was so much more to him than that.

Blaise thought he had a really good personality. Kally said so. Funny, charismatic and witty. Not many wanted to know that part of him. They were busy staring at his face.

He nearly jumped in happiness when the port came into view and Blaise saw a small girl sitting cross legged and leaning against a wooden crate.

A heavy looking book was blocking most of her but Blaise could spot Lisa like a Seeker looking for a golden snitch in the sky.