53

"They what?" I snap angrily pacing around the common room with my wand out scaring the entire Slytherin house

Draco swallowed looking equally upset and livid. "They trashed the house completely. Destroyed the entire east wing."

"Who did?" Daphne asks arriving with Theo who immediately sits beside his best friend and puts a hand on Draco's shoulder for support.

"The bloody Ministry!" I answer for Draco continuing my pace. "These disrespectful cretins! How dare they?"

"How could they do that to the Malfoy Manor?" Daphne whispers looking too shocked to react. "They attacked the epitome of all things pure blood."

Blaise who's usually the relaxed one glares at the fireplace like he was ready to throw Dumbledore in it. "Is your mum okay?"

Draco closes his eyes looking like he was in physical pain. "Mum's in hysterics but she's staying with your mum."

"Good. Mum will take care of her."

I clench my jaw imagining Narcissa Malfoy suddenly driven away from her house by Aurors. "Mark my words, one day they'll get what's coming for them."

"They're foolish to think we won't protect our own." Theo seethes balling his fists. "Father will handle this."

Greg nods his head. "I already wrote to my father. He'll take a trip to the Malfoy Manor tonight."

Vince grasps Draco's arm. "We're here for you, Draco. Our families will take care of this."

-

With the stressful horrors my friends and I were facing against the Ministry's harassment, we start to take it out on Quidditch.

We've become more blood thirsty and creative in finding ways that could get us away with the many fouls we do.

"Son of a-!" I roared throwing the quaffle forcefully through one of the hoops. It hits the hoop instead and bounces roughly bounces away. I swear I saw the goal bend a little.

"Knock it off, Kally." Blaise shouts avoiding the quaffle that rebounded in his direction and flies to my side.

I scowl turning away from him. "Why are we even doing this? This is pointless."

Blaise sighs he wasn't doing any better. We all had individual projects we had to focus on. "This isn't pointless. This is your future."

"Who cares about being a bloody professional Quidditch player!" I scream throwing another quaffle at the hoop. It misses again.

Yesterday, the Greengrass' Manor had been trashed with both Daphne's parents being harassed by the Ministry Officials. The day before that the Nott's Manor was in flames. Thankfully, Missus Zabini had too many houses for the Ministry to track so they couldn't find her or Narcissa Malfoy.

We wouldn't be hiding like this for much longer. The Dark Lord is biding his time. It was all part of his plan but the pain of seeing our homes burned and destroyed lingers.

One day, I will burn the Burrow and I will laugh while I do so.

"When the Ministry falls and mark my words it will fall, I will Head that insipid Law Enforcement Department." I tell Blaise looking down at my hands.

Blaise nods grinning. "I'll be right with you. Who knows maybe I'll be the next Minister. Won't I look dashing?"

-

Blaise and I stand outside the door of Professor Slughorn's Slug Club party and share a look of pure loathing. We didn't dislike the Professor just the gatherings. I personally only like the food. Blaise and I both hated the people that we ate with.

I wore one of Missus Zabini's casual black dresses that wasn't too scandalous paired with devil red high heels. Blaise matched outfits with me wearing a black long sleeved dress shirt with a red pocket square. When we were younger, we would always wear similar clothing like twins. We were practically raised together so it was understandable.

Blaise braves it for the both of us and knocks on the door. Almost immediately, Professor Slughorn opens it and smiles brightly.

"Mister Zabini! Miss Emrys! Come in, come in."

Blaise forces a smile on his face but I could feel he's resisting the urge to roll his eyes. "It's such an honor for us to be here."

"Yes, thank you for inviting us Professor." I say with an easy smile. "Blaise in particular was so excited. He could hardly sleep last night."

Blaise glances at me and his smile wavers. "I really couldn't stop thinking about it."

Professor Slughorn chuckles heartily and pats us on the back. "You do know how to flatter an old man."

I felt incredibly guilty eating food and forcing smiles while Draco was trying to figure out how to fix the vanishing cabinet alone at the Room of Requirement. Since we started school, Draco and I would spend countless hours inside the Room of Requirement even skipping class as much as we could.

"Miss Emrys, I've heard you've been offered by the Ballycastle Bats to play for them as Chaser?" Professor Slughorn asks looking extremely proud for me.

A sad smile comes to my lips. Since I was a little girl, I would drag my grandfather and Draco to watch every single game with the Bats. They're incredible players with the best uniforms. It was a dream come true when they approached me last summer during my match with Ireland vs France and offered the position. I turned them down. It broke my heart but I had a bigger responsibilities this year. The priority to keep us all alive. "They have."

"The Ballycastle Bats is her all time favorite Quidditch Team." Blaise says smiling at me supportively.

Professor Slughorn claps. "I'm quite excited for your match next weekend."

"Emrys is always spectacular to watch." The Hufflepuff compliments taking a bite of his roast beef.

"She certainly plays better than our Chasers." A Ravenclaw says with a dramatic roll of his eyes.

Like a good friend, Blaise narrows his eyes at the group of blokes. "She's also very much betrothed."

Professor Slughorn's eyes look down to my wrist and awes in wonder. "That is a very beautiful bracelet indeed. Expensive too by the looks of it. How long have you been betrothed to our lucky Blaise Zabini?"

My eyes widen. I silently thank Merlin, Draco didn't hear that. He's been quite possessive with me these past few weeks. "I'm not betrothed to Blaise."

Blaise's cheeks were red but he smirks charmingly like a well practiced Nobleman. "She wishes."

"Then who is the lucky man?"

"Draco Malfoy."

-

Author's Note: Hey everyone! Did you all hear about the new movie that's coming? Original cast and everything 😭 Draco's gonna be so hot I'm already shaking with excitement.

Personally, Cursed Child......... I felt like it wasn't as good as the other 7 books? I guess? Do you guys feel me? If I'm being honest, I've read better post Voldemort/next generation fanfics. Not a hater just my opinion. It was fine but I'm just excited to see Draco again ❤️