56

Holiday break was more exhausting than being in school

Holiday break was more exhausting than being in school. We relocated the Greengrass, the Malfoy, the Nott and the Zabini family to the Emrys Manor.

The Ministry didn't have any jurisdiction in my home and it was the safest place for them. The Manor has better security charms than Hogwarts as Merlin himself put up the protective wards.

It felt like our families were refugees hiding from the corrupt government and their harassment. And even then, there were Ministry officials right outside the gates of the Emrys Manor.

My friends and I worked hard focusing the small amount of time we had with our families by helping them transition to a new home. The Greengrass' in particular were a mess of tears and shouts. They were innocent bystanders forced into war.

We need only a few more moments before the Dark Lord's plan can be set in motion then our families can be rid of this disrespect.

Draco reigned in all his emotions hardly talking to anyone. He wordlessly went back and forth with me to the Malfoy Manor transporting illegal dark artifacts to the Emrys Manor.

"Draco." I call out for him while on our brooms riding back to the Manor.

Draco turns facing me with the same emotionless expression on his face. "Hmm?"

"What can I do?" I ask facing him.

"What do you mean?"

"I know it's difficult doing all this but what can I do to make this better for you?"

With the wind blowing at our hair and the midnight moon shining on his face, it almost looked like he had tears in his eyes. Regardless of the tears, Draco still looked like a handsome Dark Knight. "Just promise to stay with me, Kally."

"I'm not going anywhere, Draco."

He laughs for the first time in days. "Not with illegal contraband on your back."

I grin. "Definitely. The items we retrieved from the the depths of the Malfoy Manor could land me in Azkaban for the rest of my life."

"You need not worry, love. The dementors have long since abandoned that place." Draco says smirking and bumping his shoulders on mine.