04 :: ugly crushes & pretty deals

Start from the beginning

"S-so," Taehyung gulped, words trembling on his tongue as he tried to get a grip of himself. "D-Did you enjoy y-your summer?" He asked, cupping the side of his neck.

"I did. Did a lot of volleyball clinics, hung out with my friends, partied a bit, met new people. You know, that," He giggled. Taehyung nodded along like he totally did the same thing (nope). "Did you enjoy your summer?"

"Yeah. I guess." He hoped the older remembered their time together at the convenience store, and he tried not to let the disappointment consume him when Jimin didn't mention anything about it.

Didn't he enjoy the time they spent together, too? He remembered on the last shift before he disappeared, Jimin told him that he was the easiest person to talk to, yet here he was, acting like Taehyung was a mere stranger. It could have been a coincidence, and the guy was just hit in the head by a volleyball.

Overthinking really sucked butt.

"What did you do?" Jimin asked, swinging his arms as he walked. Taehyung gulped, knowing if he said what he did, the older would completely lose interest in him.

People like Jimin didn't enjoy playing games with online friends, binging webtoons, or watching anime until their eyes burned for the entire summer. They liked drinking and sexual games, partying, and chasing thrills Taehyung that wasn't quite his forte. He preferred his comfort zone rather than risking it all just for a temporary thrill.

"I partied," He cleared his throat, sliding his sweaty palms into his hoodie pocket, unable to meet Jimin's eye. "Drank beer with buds y'know. Went to a couple bonfires and... partied some more."

"Really? Didn't think our student council president would have that side to him." Was he flirting? He didn't know, he sucked at seeing signs, but his stomach fluttered anyways and his neck stung and was already stained with the tell-tale hue of pink.

"Uh y-yeah, right. I guess?" He chuckled uneasily, catching a glimpse of one of Jimin's pretty grins from the corner of his eye. Taehyung didn't know why he was still lying, but Jimin seemed to like it.

"Cool," Jimin hummed. "You should come to one of our parties after our games. You'd love them 'cause Namjoonie-hyung plans them."

"Yeah, of course. Yay, I just love some partying and underaged drinking," Taehyung tried to sound at least a little enthusiastic, but it nearly sounded like a cry of pain. Jimin, on the otherhand, didn't seem to notice.

"Mm. Alright, this is my stop!" The two of them stopped in front of the elevator, which clearly wasn't the nurse's office. Jimin turned to face him, his big, doll eyes staring up at Taehyung, who couldn't meet his gaze without having a heart attack right then and there.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, barely glancing over at the other, fringe brushing over his eyes. "This isn't the nurse's place."

"I know," Jimin grinned, "I'll be okay. You didn't hurt me at all, and I promise to get a bag of ice on the way. Don't tell Jeongguk, alright? He'll worry about me a lot." I'm worrying about you, too.

"O-okay take—," Before Taehyung could say goodbye, Jimin was already boarding the elevator without looking back.

Once the double doors shut, stranding him alone in the corridor, Taehyung lowered his hand back into his pocket, neck inflamed as he tried to ignore the embarrassment that chewed away at his thoughts.  At least he didn't make a bigger fool of himself.