Chapter 3

"I challenge Eleanora," she said.

Did I hear that right? It almost sounded as if Vanessa was stupid enough to challenge the Beta's daughter. After what Olivia just pulled, did she really think challenging me was a good idea? I heard people scoff all around me. I looked at Olivia and began to mind link her.

Liv, what do I do?

I don't know! She was stupid enough to challenge you, so why not beat her up? Didn't you hear what she was saying while we were jogging?

Of course I did! I just ignored it because she always says that!

"Stop mind linking, bitch! Come up here! Unless you don't want me to embarrass you." She said.

A growl rippled out of my throat.

I laughed to myself and slowly walked up there. Vanessa was so cocky. I'm not the type of person to pick on lower ranking pack members, I'm really not. But when someone challenges my authority over them, my wolf just wants to make an example of them.

I stood opposite of Vanessa and squared up in my ready stance. She glared at me as she waited for our instructor to give us the command.

"Begin!" The instructor yelled.

We started circling each other. I watched the way she moved, and I definitely wasn't impressed. She was unsure of where she was going, all she was doing was copying what I was doing. I quickly realized that she wasn't going to make the first move.

I through a punch at her face. My sheer speed surprised her so much that she had no time to react. My fist collided with her face. She fell onto her back holding her face. I immediately pushed her onto her stomach with my knee on her neck. Holding both her hands behind her back I slowly push her face into the dirt.

"Enough!" Called the instructor.

I immediately got up and put my hands behind my back. Vanessa sat on the ground, her neck bared at me as a sign of respect.

"Let her be an example for all of you. I will NOT tolerate disrespect. I am your beta female and you WILL treat me with respect. Is that clear?" I yelled. I heard mumbles all around the circle. Everyone had their necks showing, except for Olivia. She winked at me and I giggled before jogging back next to her side.

"Damn Nora. You almost had me submitting there," Olivia said.

"Haha sure Liv," I replied sarcastically. We both giggled and continued watching the sparring.

***

As soon as sparring was over, I started to head back home. I turned the corner when I saw Olivia heatedly talking to a guy she was standing next to. I hid behind the corner so they wouldn't hear me and listened in on what they were talking about.

"Trevor, please don't make this harder than it should be," Olivia pleaded. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. She looked away from the male she was talking to. She never does that. As daughter of the alpha, she has always been very confident, and never looked away from someone. I could see the shame she was trying to hide from this male.

"Is this even hard for you Olivia? We've known each other since we were kids," He said as he put his hand on her cheek.

"Of course this is hard for me, but I-"

"Olivia, sweetheart. Ever since we were 13, you knew I liked you. Eventually you said yes to dating me, but we had to keep it a secret. Although I understood that we couldn't be seen together because I'm not your mate, it hurt my wolfs pride not being able to touch you out in public. And now I'm hearing that you have to go to the choosing ceremony! You get to basically go to a giant party and choose to mate with a higher ranking male than me. It hurts," He exclaimed.