47. "He'll catch up"

You sneaked back to the hallway with statues and patiently wated for a sign from Taehyung or Jimin. In the meantime, you tried to repair your earpiece, but realized that the connection had been cut for some reason and wondered if the same had happened to the others.

You held your gun firmly in your sweaty hands and began to panic because you were losing time and Hongbin was probably using this to escape.
In the end, you decided to start moving by yourself and try and figure out where Hongbin was.

You turned around, only then realizing that someone was behind you. As a reflex, you instantly pointed your gun at the silhouette, cold sweat breaking out all over your body. Were you really that out of shape that you hadn't heard someone sneaking up on you? The other person had pulled the safety of their gun and was pointing it at you as well, but you then recognized the face upon looking at him more closely.

"Taehyung", you breathed in relief and lowered your gun. Now it made sense that you hadn't heard him sneaking up on you.

He sighed as well and let his weapon sink.
"Thank goodness it's you. My earpirce stopped working."

"Really? Mine too", you told him.
"Where's Jimin?"

Taehyung shrugged.
"I don't think we have time to wait for him, though. I found something."

"What?"

"Come on, follow me. Jimin will catch up eventually."

---

"Shoot the one on the left!!"

"Which one is that?!"

"The one, there, 9 o'clock!!"

The sniper and field team were screaming at each other because no one could fight well in the dark, even with night vision. Luckily, there had been no casualties yet.
Jungkook, Jin and Sehun were having a hard time telling their own people and the enemies apart in the dark, so they didn't want to risk shooting too much. Instead, they informed the main team where people were by using their earpieces.

"This is horrible", Jin sighed and smacked his hand against the wooden planks they were lying on.
"Who cut the power?"

"It must have been Hongbin's idea", Sehun commented coldly.
"Doesn't surprise me. The man is prepared for anything."

"I don't see how it can benefit him either", Jungkook added as he tried to get a clear shot at a guy.
"His own men don't even have night vision. That's just dumb and reckless."

"He doesn't care about his men. Get it, kid?", Sehun muttered.
"He's only doing this to get a good chance to escape."

A sudden screeching noise in their ears made them shrug at the same time and throw their earpieces off in disgust.

"What's this?", Jungkook questioned, irritated about the piece of broken technology in his hand.

"The connection was cut", Jin pointed out. "Although it seems like someone cut it. It wasn't an accident that all our pieces broke at the same time."

"That can happen?", Jungkook awed.

"It can, if a strong electric current is sent out, it can ruin any connection, technology or energy source in its radius", Jin explained.
"I didn't expect Hongbin even thinking of that."

Sehun nodded, knowing this strategy from his time working for Hongbin.
He could see how everyone fighting in the main hall was struggling and losing valuable time. At this rate, Hongbin's men would distract them while he escaped. They couldn't see anything and they couldn't communicate. It was horrible.