23. "Teamwork makes the dream work"

Bangtan.

There they were, the cheerful bunch of young high school students laughing in the school cafeteria.
Nobody could have ever guessed that they were a bunch of killers.

Jimin was walking through the old cafeteria at your school. He seemed to exactly remember what it looked like - or used to look like.

He saw himself sitting next to you, holding your hand underneath the table in an embarrassed way, making  the old you laugh.

He smiled to himself while watching. Everyone looked a lot younger, even if it had only been a few years ago.

Taehyung and Jungkook were playing games on their phones under the table, Namjoon and Yoongi were fighting over something from chemistry class and Hoseok was laughing because of a joke Jin had made.

But wait...

Jin wasn't in school at the same time as you were, since he had already graduated.

Something was wrong about the whole picture but Jimin couldn't understand what it was.

Suddenly, the ground collapsed underneath him, wiping away the tiles below his feet. The cafateria table and the laughter faded away in the darkness that swallowed him whole.

Jimin saw a pair of dark hands grasp him and tear him away from the others.
But the laughter and talking never stopped.

"Jungkook-ah, I beat your highscore."
...
"No, I said it's calcium carbonate - CaCO3, but you never listen to me anyways Hoseok..."
...
"What do you call a fake noodle?.... An impasta hahahaha
...
"Jimin, are you okay? You look a bit pale."
...

Jimin yelled for you to help him, but nobody seemed to see or hear him.
He just fell deeper down the hole until the talking became too quiet for him to hear anymore.

He was left behind in the dark pit with nobody to help him out.

He was all alone.

---

Jimin shot up from the bed like a bullet. The tiny driplets of sweat rolling down the sides of his face and his own heavy breathing let him snap back to reality even faster.

It had just been a bad dream.

You were sleeping soundly next to him, not being bothered by his sudden outburst. He stroked a strand of hair from your face before watching you sleep, making sure you were okay.

It was somewhere around 4a.m, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep just yet, not after that nightmare just now.

Jimin slowly got out of the bed, not to wake you up. He tip-toed out of the room and walked over to the kitchen to get some water.

His breathing stabilized after taking down a few gulps along with a headache-pill. But the voices in his head din't make it any easier for him to calm down.

"I'm sorry about your parents kid... But hey, you wanna come with us? We all have a past behind us and still manage... Although we're a little different than normal people."

The glass in his hand started cracking from his firm grip.

"Welcome to the team, Jimin"

Jimin didn't even notice how he wasn't holding onto the glass in his hand as he covered his face in pain.

The glass fell to the floor and shattered in thousands of small pieces across the room.