Vikklan- They

Vikk's P.O.V.

I honestly think Lachlan knew a lot earlier than he let on, but when we first met his expression was still very much masculine. He still hadn't gathered up the courage to come out yet and so was very sheltered, very sad and despite not knowing for several years, there was some hint that he was hiding something and not telling anyone.

I, apparently, was the first person he ever told outside his brother. He came out in a call as well because he was too scared to tell me in person- I understood that all too well- and through tear filled eyes and painful sniffles he finally told me what had been on his mind since before we met, years earlier. That he- no, they- were non-binary and used they/them pronouns. Obviously I was immediately accepting, I couldn't give two shits about what they identified as, as long as they were comfortable with themselves. I could see the relief in Lachlan's eyes, the smile that played on their face afterwards.

At the time they came out to me we had never actually met in real life, existing only through several hour long Skype calls and recordings, sometimes just with the both of us or sometimes with the other members of the Pack, to whom Lachlan had also come out. None of them cared either, Mitch and Jerome were already gay for each other, Rob was effeminate and I was out as bi, so adding another one to the list was nothing. We just switched the pronouns and carried on as normal.

"Lachlan!" I groaned, seriously wanting to slam my hand onto my keyboard or desk. "Really!?" They giggled a bit and I could actually hear the clicks of their keyboard as they continued to complete the map, leaving me in the dust. "Oh come on, at least wait for me!"

"No!" They laughed, turning to fire an arrow across the map- oh of course they hit me! I groaned again and folded my arms, now refusing to move.

"Nope, I'm done, you take your win and brag about it for a week!" I grumbled, sticking my tongue, you know, like the adult I was and even though Lachlan couldn't see me.

"I will." They laughed, finally completing the race. "Anddddd I win! Suck it Vikky!"

"Oh shush you, just cause you don't have the lag disadvantage today!"

"Haha, just cause you lost!" They cheered. "I win, I win, I win!"

I grumbled and pouted for another few minutes until we ended the video, laughing the whole time. Lachlan let out their famous teehee right at the end and I collapsed into giggles, laughing the rest of the way through the recording while Lachlan tried to do the outro, also laughing. When we finally stopped the cameras I managed to calm myself, still letting out the occasional snort.

"Jesus Christ Lachlan, I swear, you're gonna be the death of me one day."

They only smiled, a cheeky grin that I absolutely loved.

--------------------------------------------

"Lachy!" I yelled, sprinting across the terminal to jump into their arms. They hugged me right back, arms tight around me to the point that they were almost picking me up off the ground, head buried in my shoulder. "Oh my god it's so good to see you." I gasped.

Lachlan didn't say anything, they only hugged me. We stayed like that for quite a while, arms around each other and just so happy that we could finally see each other in real life. When I did pull back and manage to get a good look at them I could help but smile because god, he had changed so much since that first Skype call of ours.

I knew they were taller than me but until they were standing by my side I hadn't quit realised how tall- they were taller than Simon and Simon was already tall enough. They had also grown their hair out slightly, it was still short but it was longer on the top, and there were streaks of purple in said hair. It suited them, it was kinda cute. On top of that they were wearing a pastel pink sweatshirt- since coming out, Lachlan had really embraced their more feminine side, and I liked it.

"Wow." I whispered, and Lachlan went red. "You look great. When did you dye your hair?"

"A couple of nights ago." They said, grinning. "Figured you'd appreciate it."

"How'd you guess?" I smiled, taking their hand to lead them out to my car. "And yes, I really do. It looks good."

--------------------------------------------

Lachlan met the rest of the Sidemen for the first time when we got home and the looks on all of their faces were quite funny, a reaction to their new hair I assumed. Lachlan only grinned and glanced between me and the boys, greeting the boys like they had known them for years, chatting and laughing. I couldn't help but watch, admiring his newfound confidence because a couple of years back around the time they first came out or before that they certainly wouldn't have been able to do this then.

They were staying in the room next to mine so the next morning, after Lachlan slept for about 12 hours to get over the jetlag, I knocked on their door. They mumbled something out, words muffled through the door.

"Mornin' Lachy." I said, pushing open the door. "How'd you sleep?"

"Alright." They grumbled, one hand lying across their face. "I'm not really jetlagged anymore which is good."

"Yeah, it is. I was just wondering if you wanted some coffee cause I'm going to make some." They nodded, running a hand through their partially purple hair.

"Please, coffee would be great. I'll be down in about 5 minutes cause I need coffeeeeeee!" They almost yelled, calming down when they realised that there were others still asleep in the house. "But yes please."

"Okay, okay." I laughed. "I'll get you some coffee."

Pattering down the stairs I switched on the machine, Lachlan stumbling down the stairs a couple of minutes later. They made a beeline right towards me and wrapped their arms around my waist, resting their chin on top of my head.

"What's up?" I asked them, working my arms out from his grip. "Any reason for being clingy?"

"No." Lachlan mumbled. "Just wanted to hug you."

"Alright then." I just continued to make coffee, shifting back and forth with their arms still around me, before finally turning around to hand a mug to them. "There you go, coffee. Can you let me go now?"

They scrutinised me for a moment before dropping their arms and taking the coffee from me, pulling me by my arm into the living to sit on the beanbag. Of course they insisted on sitting pretty much on top of me, one leg thrown over mine and head resting against my own.

"I like it here." Lachlan mumbled, sipping their coffee. "It's nice. Not so much quiet, but it's nice."

"I'm glad you like it." I whispered, leaning across to press a kiss to their cheek. They went bright red, burying their face in their mug.

A couple of minutes later they leaned over and kissed me right back- the beginning of something new, and something amazing.