Vikklan- Where Christmas Is Warm (Christmas Oneshot- 21/12)

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I choked with laughter as I jumped on the end of our bed, startling Vikk awake from his slumber. It took him a moment to work out what was going on and why he had been awoken so suddenly awoken but when he groaned and lay back on the bed, only barely covered by the sheet.

"Wha' do you wan' Lachy?" He slurred, groaning again. "It's too early for this."

"No it's not." I laughed. "It's almost 10am and come on Vikk, it's the day before Christmas!"

"So it's not Christmas yet, and I'm tired. Just leave me to sleeppppppp."

"You know it's only going to get warmer." I said with a raised eyebrow. "And by the time it gets to noon, bed is the last place you'll want to be."

"Then leave me till noon. I'll get up then."

I pouted, making sure he was looking right at me. I couldn't exactly blame him considering he had only got off his 14 hours flight from London the night before, and he hadn't been able to sleep much because of the heat that he wasn't used to, but it didn't stop me from annoying him. I was bored, home alone other than him because Mitch was at our parents place, and it was too hot for even me to do anything other than lie on the couch under the air conditioner and hope it wasn't as bad the next day.

"Fine, but you're helping me prepare food for tomorrow. And wrap the presents because you know I'm useless at that." He squinted but nodded a little, rolling over to face away from me and kicking the sheet off. "And you'd better be awake tomorrow cause we're leaving at 7."

"Alright." He moaned, wiping his forehead. "But I dibs the spot under the air conditioner."

-----------------------------------------------

Even though it was far too early to be awake- it was only 7 actually, I was just being dramatic- it was still god awful hot and Vikk looked like he was in physical pain from the heat. The drive to my parents was a little over a hour because of the heavier than usual traffic and despite the air conditioning being on constantly even I was feeling a little sweaty and uncomfortable.

Pulling up in the driveway Vikk and I unloaded everything from the back seat which included several armfuls of presents, a bag of alcohol and several plates of food and drinks, of which Vikk had had a massive hand in. I was useless at wrapping presents and picking things from the supermarket, so I let Vikk pick the dishes and I cooked them. Vikk was useless at cooking and although I wasn't much better, I could make my way around my kitchen.

Mitch opened the door and grinned at the two of us, laden down by bags and food.

"Mornin'!" He laughed, taking several of the items from me and Vikk, directing us inside to put everything on the table.

I greeted my parents and sisters happily, letting Vikk say hi too. He was a little awkward because he had only met my sisters once or twice and my parents only a handful of times more but then again we had been together for 4 years now and it was only a matter of time before we had a Christmas with the others family.

"Good to see you Vikk." My mother said happily, kissing his cheek. "I'm so glad to have you here."

"And I'm glad to be here." He said back with a smile, glancing back at me as I set everything down. "I'll have to get used to having Christmas in weather this hot but I think I like it."

"I would like it a lot more if it was a reasonable temperature." I grumbled, glaring at the sun outside.

"It's Australia Lachy." Vikk laughed. "I thought you'd be used to it by now."

"Nope! Why do you think I escape to Canada all the time?"

"To get away from me?" Mitch interrupted, giggling. "Maybe because you're worried I'll burn the house down?"

"Yes and yes."

--------------------------------------------------

"I don't know if I'll ever get used to this." Vikk mumbled, pushing my arm off me because apparently it was too hot to even do that.

We had gotten home at around 11, Mitch with us as well, after an amazing Christmas. I was completely stuffed and felt like I couldn't eat another thing for at least a week, but the leftovers in my fridge would undoubtedly make me feel different the following day. This had been one of the best Christmas's yet, surrounded by family and amazing food and laughter and joking and, of course, my boyfriend.

"You probably won't need to." I groaned, wiping my forehead. "Because as much as I love my family this heat is bullshit and I'd make rather spend Christmas in a place where it snows."

"So next year it'll be at mine?" He perked up a little, now tugging his shirt over his head.

"Yes, as long as it snows. It hadn't snowed here in years." I mumbled. "But I mean, it was still fun this year. I'm glad we didn't eat outside or anything cause I would have been devoured by mozzies."

"They like you?"

"Bloody love me." I groaned. "First day of summer I was out walking Otto and I got at least a dozen bites from that hour. They're attracted to me I swear."

"Just like I'm attracted to you."

I paused, glared at him and then groaned.

"Okay, I was asking for that." Vikk giggled a little, throwing his legs overtop of mine simply because he wanted to.

"Yeah, you kind of were."

There was a comfortable silence after that as we lay there in the dim light because, despite it being almost midnight, there was still some light seeping in between the curtains and neither of us could sleep. The heat was the worst and yes, I should have been used to it, but I honestly still hated the heat. Vikk yawned across from me, closing his eyes.

"Night Lachy." He mumbled, pulling the sheet up over him. "Love you."

"Love you too." I wiggled a bit. "Thanks for a great Christmas."