35.

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
"I THINK WE FOUND HIM"

Every time that the doorbell rang Arlo got scared that it was her mom coming back but the next time someone was actually at the door it was a familiar officer.

"Arlo Young." the officer greeted as he stepped in, he was happy to find that Atlas was working that day and so it was Kian who took on the protective role of sitting next to Arlo and holding her hand.

"Come in." she replied opening the door wide enough for he and another two officers to step in, she thought it must've been serious so she anxiously played with her hair until Kian grabbed her hand and held her.

"It seems we found the culprit who hit you." The officer finally said towards Arlo who gasped.

She didn't know whether that was good or not, she didn't even know what those findings would mean.

"He was indeed under the influence and had also been riding in a stolen vehicle which is why it took so long to identify him so on that we apologise."

Arlo knew the only reason they were treating the case so seriously was because of her father and his money donations. She hated it but she didn't want to complain so she nodded to their apology.

"From the looks of things he'll be getting jail time, not only for this but he's been on the run for quite some time from our department so we're just going to skin him for all he's worth." The officer continued.

Kian gave Arlo's hand a squeeze to remind her to talk and finally after a long silence Kian instead said.

"Thank you for your commitment."

The officers nodded along and then stood but before leaving asked if Arlo or Kian were interested in knowing who the man was.

When they were given a name, neither of them knew who he was but when the door closed they both seemed to feel like a weight was lifted off of their shoulders.

Arlo turned to Kian with a smile,

"I feel relieved."