23.

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
"ARE THINGS OKAY, MISS?"

Arlo was asked to be brought back into the hospital for a check up, and with Atlas at work Kian was left to take her.

Atlas was grateful for his best friend helping him out, he had no idea what he would've done without him.

Before Atlas headed for work he had a conversation with Arlo, he spoke her through her family and the time and date and things to soften the amnesia affect.

Even though he knew for a fact she didn't remember anything at all.

Kian helped Arlo in and out of the car, he snaked his arm round her hip and aided her in walking towards the entrance of the hospital.

He even went as far as to hold her when she was explaining her name to the receptionist.

"Are you nervous?" Kian asked her as they sat and awaited the doctor who would be free to talk to them. Arlo shook her head even though she was.

She knew something was wrong, that she didn't remember a thing from before, but she also knew that Atlas couldn't afford either the bills or to loose her herself.

When they were called in the doctor greeted the pair with a soft smile and each with a handshake.

"Is this your boyfriend?" The doctor asked Arlo who turned to Kian shyly.

Kian unknowingly had held his breath waiting for the answer, at such a time the seconds felt like hours.

Arlo turned to the doctor and nodded whispering,

"Something like that."

Her answer somehow made Kian lose his breath he nearly gasped and he felt his heart begin to pound. He completely lost focus and instead watched her intently.

As she spoke he watched her lips and then the way her hand softly and limply tapped a small tune on the chair she sat on.

The doctor did an examination and it seemed that she was looking better, not enough to return back to work but enough for the doctor to safely send her home.

Kian sat in the front seat, he didn't start the engine just held the wheel and then slowly turned to Arlo.

"Why did you say that?" He asked "Back in there."

Arlo shrugged and looked at her hands and then at Kian. She wanted to tell him that she was starting to feel something for him, that she thought maybe they were something before the crash.

"Because-" she stuttered "-I thought he was going to make you leave."