14.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
"FAMILY ISN'T EVERYTHING"

"Right." said Arlo clasping her hands together and looking at her brother "the house is spotless, the foods on the table and I'm already bracing myself for the worst afternoon of my life, how about you?"

The twins had moved to their new house and after working goddamn hard to pay for things to go in it, they'd finally gotten it to the point where they'd told both there parents,

Hey it's done if you want to come see.

And it just so happened that not only was one side of the family interested, it was both. That meant one thing, a big family reunion.

"I'm expecting the dragon to throw food at least once." Atlas joked and Arlo nodded as if she agreed that that definitely was going to happen.

Their father, Mr Young, showed up first with their siblings in a weird diamond formation. He wore a suit as did Arnold and the girls, Avery and Alexis, wore shirts tucked into skirts.

They weren't all bad, the twins were able to have decent conversations with them so it wasn't awful sometimes it was just a little annoying to be thought as inferior.

"Did you give your mother the same time?" Their father asked and Atlas nodded so under his breath he muttered "Late as usual."

As if on cue, the doorbell rung and in stepped the dragon.

She had a baby cradled in her arms, another snotty child clung to her leg and a third one occupied with a gaming console a little behind.

"Nice of you to open the door." she said sarcastically towards the twins who stood their flabbergasted.

She sat down at the table, one child screaming the other nuzzled into her breast, the last one still playing games.

The faces on the older siblings faces were priceless, they looked across at Archie and then to Ada and the baby and scowled in disgust.

"Well isn't this nice." she said turning to Arlo and dropping the baby in her arms like you would a suitcase.

Arlo looked down at the baby, truthfully it had a cute upturned nose and glistening eyes and it's cheeks were fat and kissable.

That was until it started to cry.

The twins didn't think the day could get worse until the sound of the door opening occurred again and through the doorway appeared Kian Lawley.

"Kian, baby!" The dragon shouted forcing him to come over and kiss her on the cheek.

He flashed the twins father a wave and then looked to their older siblings and smirked before finally turning to Atlas.

"Sorry I didn't know you were busy, I wouldn't have come round." he laughed and Arlo scoffed,

"Shouldn't have."

Kian shot her a look and she smiled at him sarcastically. Still desperately trying to shut up the baby in her arms.

"Someone's not got any mothering genes." Kian chuckled and the dragon made a responding agreeing comment.

Kian then cockily scooped the baby from Arlo and took it into his own arms, booping the little girls nose until she stopped crying and started giggling.

"Ah look at that." the dragon smiled shooting a glare to Arlo "Kian's much better than you."