Evolution of the Daleks

"These humans will become like me. Prepare them for hybridisation," Sec demanded.

Tyra stared at the... thing with an open mouth, completely forgetting to keep her head down. What in the world did Sec do? She was still looking in the Daleks' direction when the pigmen grabbed a hold of all of them, trying to herd them away.

Martha started fighting "Leave me alone," she hissed "Don't you dare." Her head snapped over to me "T..."

She was cut off by music playing "What is that sound?" Sec demanded, looking around in confusion.

"Ah, well," the Doctor popped up from behind a desk "Now, that would be me." He placed the radio down by a Bunsen burner, walking up to Sec with Tyra in tow "Hello. Surprise. Boo. Et cetera."

The Hybrid thing narrowed his eyes "Doctor," he greeted before his gaze travelled to Tyra "And your Companion. What was her name again?"

"How did you end up in 1930?" the Doctor questioned, taking a small step in front of Tyra when the other Daleks started to point their whisks at them.

"Emergency temporal shift," Dalek Sec replied.

The Doctor raised his eyebrows "Oh, that must have roasted up your power cells, huh?" He shook his head in mock disappointment "Time was, four Daleks could have conquered the world but instead, you're sulking away, hidden in the dark, experimenting. All of which results in you."

"Doctor?" Tyra spoke up quietly, her voice still echoing around the silent room "Maybe it's not the best idea to taunt Daleks. You tried that before and it didn't turn out too well."

Sec's eyes were once again on Tyra "I am a Dalek in human form."

"What does it feel like?" the Time Lord squinted "You can talk to me, Dalek Sec. It is Dalek Sec, isn't it? That's your name? You've got a name and a mind of your own. Tell me what you're thinking right now."

Tyra stepped back a little, closer to Martha. When it came to it, she would still be able to get the Doctor out of the way fast enough but from the way Martha grabbed her arm in a bruising hold, she needed the comfort "What is going on?" she hissed as Dalek Sec started spouting off what he thought 'humanity' meant.

"I... I don't know," Tyra mumbled, her eyes trailing from one Dalek to the next "They were at Canary Wharf."

Martha gasped "So that's what they meant about escaping slaughter?" Tyra nodded quietly.

"What is the purpose of that device?" one of the Daleks demanded as the Doctor picked up the radio again.

"Well, exactly," the Doctor rolled his eyes "It plays music. What's the point of that? Oh, with music, you can dance to it, sing with it, fall in love to it." He whirled around "Unless you're a Dalek of course. Then it's all just noise." He aimed his sonic at the radio, causing it to emit a shrill shriek. Tyra gasped, clutching her hands over her ears, barely noticing Dalek Sec and the pigmen reacting similarly. The Doctor wrapped his arm around Tyra's waist, practically carrying her out of the room "Run," he whispered.

The prisoners escaped as quickly as they could. After one last look back, the Doctor ushered Tyra out of the lab. Now that the noise was gone, she breathed a silent sigh of relief, hitting the Doctor's chest in annoyance "Do you know how annoying that is when you do things like that?"

"It's not my fault that your ears are too sensitive," the Doctor grumbled "Plus, it was the only thing I could think of."

"Yeah, right," she snorted, shaking her head.

When the humans in front of them stopped at an intersection, the Doctor barrelled past them "Come on. Move, move, move." He led them all to where Tallulah was standing around, looking completely lost "And you, Tallulah. Run."