Born Again

The newly regenerated Doctor started dashing around the console, flicking switches left and right "6 PM... Tuesday..." Tyra shook her head at him when he grinned at her "October 5006... On the way to Barcelona." He straightened up, facing both girls "Now then... How do I look?" Tyra was about to open her mouth when he slapped a hand over it "No, no, no, no no no no no no. No. Don't tell me."

"Then don't ask," Tyra grumbled, shoving his hand away. So this was the Doctor that her brother had described. He did look as good as she had imagined. A far stretch from the former Doctor. Prettier, she guessed.

The Doctor huffed at her before starting to pat his new body down "Let's see... Two legs, two arms, two hands..." He laughed before a frown appeared on his face as he twisted one of his wrists around "Slight weakness in the dorsal tubercle..." A second later, the Doctor moved on, his hand flying to his hair "HAIR... I'm not bald. Oh, oh. Big hair."

"Very big hair," Tyra snorted, glancing at Rose out of the corner of her eye. She was staring at the Doctor with wide eyes and growing anger. Tyra grimaced. This wasn't going to end well. Especially since Rose had been more or less angry since she found out about Tyra being a vampire.

"Sideburns," the Doctor cheered, fingers trailing down the sides of his head "I've got sideburns... Or really bad skin."

Tyra sighed when he tilted his head at her "Why not look into a mirror? Would make things so much easier." He continued to look at her until she continued "It's sideburns." This Doctor really seemed to be the complete opposite of the former Doctor. Actually, he was more like one of those pretty boys that Rose liked to drag along. And he was quite a bit younger looking than his previous regeneration. He was still taller than Tyra, though... Which was annoyingly unfair but she doubted he would ever get close to her height, no matter how often he regenerated.

The Doctor continued inspecting himself "Little bit thinner," he remarked, slapping his stomach "That's weird. Give me time, I'll get used to it." He froze, shifting his shoulder "I... have got... a mole," he breathed, sounding as though he just cured cancer "I can feel it."

"Rose?" Tyra spoke up when her breathing turned harsher. She looked scared of the new Doctor and more than ready to attack.

The Doctor hadn't noticed, still rambling about his new mole. At least, he was still as oblivious as the last one. Tyra shook her head, turning her attention to him while keeping Rose in her sight "Between my shoulder blades. There's a mole. That's alright. Love the mole." He turned to Rose "Go on then, tell me. What do you think?"

"Who are you?" Rose asked him, frozen to her place by one of the corals.

The Doctor frowned, confused as to why she didn't recognize him "I'm the Doctor." He glanced at Tyra who mouthed 'regeneration' at him. Realisation dawned on him. While he had talked to Tyra about his past and what Time Lords could do, Rose had no idea. He never once mentioned it to her in a way she would understand.

"No... Where is he?" Rose shook her head "Where's the Doctor? What have you done to him?"

The Doctor blinked "You saw me. I – I changed." He jerked his thumb over his shoulder "Right in front of you. Tyra believes me, don't you, Ty?"

"It's him, Rose. He really did change," she told Rose quietly.

"How would you know?" Rose snapped, glaring at Tyra. She couldn't believe that Tyra lied to her. How could she not tell her that she was a vampire? A blood-sucking monster? "I saw him sort of explode and then you replaced him, like a... teleport or transmat or a body swap or something." The Doctor could only gape at Rose silently, at a loss for words. Rose took several steps towards him. As soon as she was within arm's reach, she shoved him back "You're not fooling me. I've seen all sorts of things. Nanogenes... Gelth... Slitheen..." The Doctor raised his eyebrow, unsure of where Rose was going with this "Oh, my God, are you a Slitheen?"