Book 4 - chapter 9

Nick

I just got out the showers and quickly dried off and got dressed. "Good practice, y'all get home safely" coach said leaving out. Everyone said their byes but me. I grabbed my shit and walked out to see Herb car right there where he dropped me off. "Told you I got you" he laughed unlocking the door for me. I seen Kiara and she shook her head. I shrugged it off. "That's your girlfriend" Herb asked me. I shook my head unlocking my phone pulling up a picture of Genesis "this my girl" I showed him. "Oh okay" he nodded his head. I waved him off "it ain't about looks man, I know Kiara prettier but when you gotta good girl, one that really ride for you, care for you, listen to you... you don't-- man you don't fuck that up" I shook my head staring at her picture.

Herb smiled "oh you a lover boy." I laughed a little "I love MY girl. Fuck these other girls man." He nodded lighting his blunt "you mind?" I shook my head no. "I respect that, G... I like you, you real at a young age. Ain't many like you" he stated. I nodded my head "yeah you got that right." He laughed choking a little on the smoke he was inhaling. "How long y'all been together" he asked me. "Three years, we'll make four years on her birthday in a few months" I smiled. "That's a good feeling ain't it" he nodded his head pulling in his driveway. My mouth dropped at how big his house is. A car was parked in the driveway. He looked a little confused "whats wrong" I asked.

"My fiancé home. She supposed to be outta town" he jumped out the car rushing inside. I ain't even know he was engaged. I hope my sister not falling for dude, I slowly walked in the house and heard arguing. I sat on the couch and his fiancé stormed out the room and stopped staring at me. "This my friend little brother, chill out man" he warned her. "You a dog ass nigga" she shook her head. "Baby, don't hang out with him. He ain't never gon' be shit, you gotta girlfriend" she asked pointing at me. I nodded my head "yes ma'am, I do." She nodded as well "don't ever take your girlfriend for granted. Ain't no telling how long she'll be around" she said in all honesty which is why I don't take my girl for granted.

Out came a baby boy, which must be there son. "What's your problem man" he asked rubbing his face. "You a cheating ass nigga, who the fuck is, Asia" she asked getting in his face. He looked over at me and back at her "MY FRIEND and this her brother" he reminded. She damn near broke her neck turning back to look at me. "Is he fucking your sister" she bluntly asked me. I liked her, she reminded me of me. "Not to my knowledge. I asked if they date and she said he was just her friend" I shrugged. "Well baby, no shade to you but for your sister sake, I sure the fuck hope so" she grabbed their son and walked out the house with a duffel bag. I looked at herb and shook my head "I need a drink" he said walking over to the mini bar.

I stood up tall and walked over to him. "Real shit, man to man because I ain't no little boy. Don't bring my sister in your shit" I said straight up. He continued sipping on his dark liquor. "You ain't got nothing to worry about, we friends" he raised his drink up to me and sat down turning on the tv. "You hungry" he asked. "Nah I'm straight" I replied to him. "Yo ass was at practice all day and wasn't hungry" he questioned me. I laughed as my phone started ringing showing Genesis calling me "wassup" I answered. "I'm with my sister friend" I told her honestly. "Why you always thinking I'm cheating on you bruh? I don't cheat on you, I'm with a guy" I told her. I sucked my teeth as she hung up not believing a word I said.

Genesis a little insecure, I never cheated on her but before I was all goody goody about my girl, I did use to flirt a little around school. That was one whole year out of relationship then she broke up with me for a few months. We were still chilling, vibing trying to figure out what was right and turns out we was meant to be together. I got my act together and was all about my girl, since then it's been fuck other girls. I don't even associate with them. Lately my girl been going through some family issues so I been trying to be by her side which don't be no help to me because I don't be getting home till 4 in the morning. Reason to me being late at my practices. "Having girl issues" Herb asked. "Yeah a little bit..." I sighed sitting down.

"If she's as worth it as you say she is, then it's nothing to worry about it" Herb tried to preach. "She's worth it, she just going through shit and I don't really know how to be there for her" I explained rubbing my waves. "Man let me tell you something... me and my fiancé been together for damn near 5 years... I've done fucked bitches on her, got another bitch pregnant, got addicted to drugs on her, beat on her, shut her out, DISAPPEARED for about a year or two... the point of this is basically when a girl love you, she love you. My girl ain't no saint though, she done fucked on me too, kept sleeping with the enemies. Not intentionally but funny how that work, she put her hands on me, but she loved me. Always kept it real, supported me, molded me, guided me... she talks to me, she-- man she's there for me. When you go through shit, your girl is always there for you. In literally any form of way you need them to be. So you gotta be there for your girl in anyway she need you to be" he explained.

"Go ahead to your girl man... I'll pay your Uber. You just gotta be there man. Whether you stay quiet and in her presence or actually try to make a difference. You gotta be there" he told me. I nodded "yeah, true" I said taking in every single word he said. I stood up and grabbed my stuff. "Aight man, I'm heading out to see my girl. I'll holla at you" I said dapping him. "You don't want the Uber" he asked. I laughed "man my girl live down the block. She don't go to my school." He laughed "oh you got you a rich girl." I nodded "yeah, her parents rich. She go to that charter school down the block, but it ain't like that. I'll call you later when I get home Aight" I said as I ran out.

Share comment opinions
(I'd love to hear y'all opinions on Nick)