Chapter 9

Herb POV
"Aye I'm gon' be away for a couple days..." I explained to Eva as I texted peanut and told him I said to get the gang ready. I continued packing a few set of clothes "where you going that you packing? And why can't I go with you" Eva questioned me. I shrugged "business babe, it's just business!" She rolled her eyes at me "I hope so and where exactly are you going?" I hesitated before telling her but then remembered how crazy I am over her in this short amount of time, I know I can trust her. "I'm going to philly, check on my pops. I think he's being set up" I shook my head.

She dropped her phone and looked up at me from the bed "watchu mean you think?! You not sure?" I looked at her and shook my head "in my gut I'm sure, in my head I'm not though." She jumped up and picked up her book bag emptying it and began grabbing sweatsuits underwear and necessities. "Well I'm coming" she implied. "Nah you not, if anything go down ion wanna have to worry about you" I sighed grabbing her hand but she pulled back "Herbert, you not telling me I can't go! Come on, just me you. I'm yo Bonnie you my Clyde." I looked at her before thinking on an answer to give her.

———
"Babe, drive faster. You drive like a old fucking lady!" Eva complained. I rolled my eyes and my boys started chucking in the back. I told Eva she could come but she won't be there for the action, her ass staying in the hotel or the car! She agreed after whining for about thirty minutes. She mad she ain't get her way that's why her ass complaining. "Aye I don't know why y'all gay asses laughing. Y'all all scrunched up back there on each other balls and shit" I joked taking a pull of the blunt that was being passed around. "Yeah , yeah nigga. So what's the plan—" juke said before Eva interrupted him. "Y'all muh' fucking asses don't even got no plan? Man y'all just stupid! How the fuck y'all go somewhere to handle shit without a plan! Stupid asses." I stopped the car "Aye chill out" I looked at her and everyone was quiet. Eva looked at me back like I was stupid "boy I don't give not one , two nor three fucks because yo friends is fucking here! Ima say whatever the fuck I wanna say when I wanna say" she got quiet when her phone started ringing.

Her eyes grew large and she declined the call. "Aye who was that" I questioned her. "Dont question me in front of your friends" she snapped. I shook my head "I'll crack this fucking car, who the fuck was that" I asked again. "Andre...." She replied. I slammed on the breaks. "WHAT THE FUCK THAT BITCH SAY? GIMME YO FUCKING PHONE" I snatched from her. It was locked though "unlock this shit" I demanded. She kissed her teeth "Man drive, we will talk later in private!" I shrugged it off and threw her phone at her making her jump. "Nah bitch you got me fucked up, don't speak to me the rest of this time while we out" she said putting her headphones in but me being petty I started blasting the radio making her punch me in my arm "dont fucking play with me Herb" Eva rolled her eyes laying her head on the window. "Man quit playing and being so sensitive you know I'm down for ya Eva" I explained as I rubbed her thigh.

———
"Nah that drive got my ass numb" juke complained as he stretched. "Man my neck cramped up quit yo complaining bout yo ass" peanut snapped. Me and Eva laughed at them as we held hands perfectly fine. We walked into the hotel and I got everything situated. "Aight so Eva you staying here and me and the guys gon' go see wassup out here! DO NOT and when I say do not I MEAN DO NOT LEAVE THIS FUCKING ROOM!" I instructed. She rolled her eyes and laughed "okay daddy." "I'm not playing Eva, I'm deadass do not leave this room! I do not need to worry about you and my father right now! I just wanna make sure my pops is good and wanna know that you good" I walked towards her holding her waist. She kissed my lips "okay, Herb. Ima stay I promise" she said placing her pinky finger out, we both locked our pinky's together. "Let's go!" Me and the boys strapped up and put the guns in duffel bags leaving the room.

We got in the car and I prayed over us all, hopefully nobody gotta die but if you know the lifestyle then you know someone always die.

———
"Aye we been driving all day man, I'm hungry" peanut complained. "Mannn you sound like Eva" I joked as I pulled into Wendy's drive thru. We ordered and I continued driving "so why would you tell Eva that ya pops is in philly if he not in philly" juke asked. "Because nigga, she's my priority, can't afford to lose her to some dumb shit. My aunt own that hotel so I figured she'd be safe" I shrugged as I drove faster.

5 hours later
Everyone got out the car as we looked at the gated fence around the mansion. "Damn Herb, ya pops is really a OG living his best life" peanut said admiring the view. "Yeah, I guess. Come on so I can get this shit over with" I said as I put the code in to open the gate. We all walked in strapped and ready. I opened the door with peanut and juke behind me ready to shoot at whoever! "Damn" I said, "I don't know which way his office is, I forgot!" Peanut sucked his teeth but we got interrupted when we heard a bang from downstairs.

We all looked at each other and rushed down the stairs to the basement busting open the doors to see Bibby , his pops and my dad smoking laughing. "Ayeeee my boy" my dad said getting up. I was confused "why'd you hang up so fast? I didn't know that was your number but Bibby here told me it was you" he hugged me and walked me over to him and the others. I looked at my niggas and motioned then to follow. "We was just talking about handing our crowns down to you and Bibby! What you think son" my dad asked.

I nodded my head "yeah sound cool, yo Bibby why I been having to question yo loyalty" I said getting straight to the point. "Man, I felt bad cos I was trying to get Eva... I'm not gon' lie to you. You my brother so it was just a guilty feeling so I got low" he explained. I nodded and dapped him up "NLMB nigga ! Never leave my brother, you don't remember that shit" I questioned shaking my head. "My apologies Herb you know what it is" he shrugged. I nodded, "I gotta get going though, y'all be safe" I said walking out.

Just like that, it was all a misunderstanding. It was all in my head. I drove back to get my girl so we can all go home. I was tired of this shit, I just feel ready to leave the game honestly.

Vote
Share
Comment
Tell me what you think, I been on and off with this chapter, deleting then re-writing because I honestly feel stuck with this one, I didn't want to make Bibby a opp only because I personally like his character. You'll see future wise.