Chapter 11

Herb POV
I grabbed the keys out my back pocket and unlocked the front door. It was approximately five in the morning and I just new Eva was up but sure enough I was wrong. I creeped in the bedroom to my girlfriend sound asleep with her study books wide open and laptop still on. I walked towards her and closed all her books and laptop placing them on the nightstand. I pulled the cover over her and kissed her forehead making her move but not awake. I walked to the chair in our bedroom and pulled off my clothes so I could shower. "Where you been? And don't lie Herb" Eva sat up looking at me. I put my head down because I hated telling her shit like this "I been in these streets Eva." She nodded and laid back down covering half her face with the comforter.

I went and took a shower and came back to her in the same position. "Babe, lets go on a date later" I suggested making her head plop up. "For real" she asked. I nodded my head "Yeah, me and you the whole day whatever you want to do, I promise we gon' do" I kissed her. She jumped up and hugged me "ohhhh myyyy goddd babeeee, I cant wait, let me start writing it down now" I watched her grab a notepad and pen and she began listing "first we gon' go to ihop, then we gon' go shopping , then we gonna go to lunch then we gon' go to the movies then we gon' go to dinner and then we gon' come back home and I'ma show you how much I appreciate my man" she explained sitting on top of me kissing my neck. I smiled "I love you for real" I told her bluntly. "Yeah I know, I do too, you...." she said back. I smiled at her nonchalant ass and kissed her gripping her so we could get a couple hours more sleep.

———
"Babe, wake up. Let's get ready and start our day" I suggested. She stretched in the bed yawning and I watched her every movement admiring her. She gagged and jumped up running to the toilet making me run after her. "Eva... you good" I questioned holding her hair. She shook her head no and looked at me "my period was supposed to come this week Herb..." she sighed getting up walking to the sink so she could brush her teeth which was pointless because she threw up again. I rubbed my face remembering that I came inside of her.

"Don't worry about it, I'm by your side with whatever you wanna do. Come on, let's get ready" I said helping her take off her clothes so she could take a quick shower. I helped wash her and my mind was racing. I don't know what I was thinking that day but I ain't ready for a kid and I know she's not either, but whatever she choose to do I'ma have no choice but to be a man about it. "You not scared" she mumbled. I shrugged "yeah I am, but I knew the consequences of my actions so I have no choice but to be a man throughout the situation.

It's whatever you want to do Eva, that is if you are pregnant" I explained as I washed her body once more. She nodded her head in agreement and appreciation. I told her rinse off and she did as told. I walked into the bedroom and my mom was calling me. "Boy, you don't know who ya mama is no more" she questioned. I laughed "you know I can never forget who my real queen is" I implied before Eva interrupted "UH UH, WHO IS THAT YOU CALLING YO REAL QUEEN HERB?" I laughed "girl calm down, it's my mama!" She laughed "oh tell her I said hey and she got a grand baby on the way" confirming she's keeping it. I stood shut just staring "Herb? Do you hear me? Did she say grand baby" she questioned.

I coughed "yeah mama, that's what she said...." I heard my mother screaming through the phone with excitement but I hung up. "So we doing this huh" I asked as I watched her finish applying oil to her body walking to the closet getting an outfit together. "Yup, if you man enough to come inside of me then you should be man enough for the consequences" she said observing the outfit she picked out. I laughed "I am, just make sure you woman enough to take on that responsibility and you not gonna be childish when we get into an argument and try to keep my child from me—" I implied before she interrupted me "UH UH, DO NOT! Do not play that shit with me, I wasn't raised with a daddy so all I want for my child is to have a relationship with you" she said as she got dressed. She had on a olive turtle neck dress that came down to her knees. It molded with her body shape. She looked good. Can't believe she gon' be the mother of my child.

———
We're inside iHop and all day we've been getting compliments on how much of a good couple we look. Eyes been on us since we walked out the house together. We were eating talking about our life together when I seen Andre in the booth with his little sister. Eva caught on and tried to get me to chill out. "Herb do you fucking hear me" she whispered. I didn't care what she was talking about he shot at not only me but Eva and I been calm about it for too fucking long! I stormed to his booth and pulled him out his seat beating him ridiculously. Eva started screaming "BABE LET HIM GO" , "LET HIMMM GOOOOO" , "BABE STOP PLEASEEEE" she cried out as she pulled on my clothes but I continued to kick him in his face with my timberlands.

I got to his face "I should shoot you. Right here, right now" I whispered to him "but ima let yo punk ass live another day but yo day is numbered nigga" I spit on him grabbing a hundred dollar bill out my pocket and dropping it on the table grabbing Eva hand and leaving. We got back in the car and all she said is "I wanna go hone!" I nodded my head "MY HOME" she stated. Now I looked at her like she was stupid and I stopped the car "fuck you mean your home? Your home is my home now! Yo ass ain't going no fucking where especially if you pregnant with my child" I yelled at her making her cry and started driving. Truth be told I don't give a fuck if she cry because of what I said.

It's the truth, why would I let her go stay at her aunt house and she might be pregnant with my baby. He'll fucking no! We finally arrived home and she stormed out the car making sure she got in the house before me. She locked her self in the bedroom, I shrugged it off, ima let her cool off. I started watching tv when I got a call from Juke ass. "Yo" I answered. "That nigga Dre just came over here raising hell, talking about you jumped him. Nigga face is swollen but we all know that's a fucking lie cos you don't jump, you might shoot or get someone to fight him but you a one on one type of nigga" he replied. I nodded my head "next time you or someone else see him, shoot his ass" I hung up gritting my teeth. That nigga gon' pay!

———
I was asleep on the couch but woke up to the smell of food. I looked up and Eva was in there eating lasagna garlic bread and salad. "Oh you wasn't gon' wake me up" I asked her eyeing her who wouldn't make eye contact with me. "You up now right? Yo plate in the oven" she said. I shook my head as I mumbled under my breath "can never be an aight day with yo ass." She sucked her teeth "COS YO BITCH ASS ALWAYS DOING SOME FUCKING SHIT TO ERK MY NERVES" she screamed. I slammed my plate on the counter "MAN HE SHOT US AND YOU MAD CAUSE I BEAT HIS ASS" I said cornering her. "No, I'm mad because today was supposed to be our day and you ruined it.... like always" she walked away crying licking herself back in the room.

I punched a hole in the wall and grabbed my keys. I'm getting the fuck outta here.
I drove to the block where all the guys were and got up out the car. "Aye Herb that nigga said he was coming back around 11, he should be here soon" juke said as he showed his strap to let me know he down for whatever. I nodded my head as I walked to the store but noticed an unmarked car drive by slowly the moment I went for my gun
BOOM
BOOM
BOOM
BOOM
———
Vote
Share
Follow
Comment
Let me know what you think please.