Book 3 - Chapter 13

Five Weeks Later

Eva

"You ready" Yolanda asked me as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I wiped the tears from my eyes and nodded my head. I walked into the living room with all the family and friends and I picked up my son who was running straight towards me.

Everyone walked out of the house and into there vehicles. We arrived to the funeral home and my body froze. I can't believe I'm about to bury him. I started bursting in tears as Nala stayed in the car with me while everyone got out. "Come on Eva... you gotta be strong. Look who's looking at you" she said nodding towards Yosohn.

"I can't Nala... I can't be strong, he died.... I can't, I don't know how to cope with this" I cried to her. She nodded "one step at a time, we just have to get through the first step right now" she said wiping the tears from her eyes. Nala wasn't big on funerals. Shit who was?

We proceeded out the car and I saw everyone crying. My mother, Bibby, Yolanda... everyone. Who knew he was loved this much. We sat in our seats as the priest started speaking.

———

It was time for the eulogy. I was supposed to read it but I couldn't do it so I ran out the door. I couldn't sit here and speak on him like he's dead. I mean he is but this shit is crazy. Yolanda came from behind me seconds later wiping the tears from her eyes.

She sat on the floor beside me. "We going to have to cope sooner or later Eva" she said pulling out a cigarette. I let my hand out for one as well and she gave me one. Neither one of us use to smoke cigarettes but the past five weeks been stressful.

Flashback

Nobody POV

BOOM
BOOM
BOOM
BOOM
BOOM
BOOM
BOOM

Seven shots were let off. Three out of four bodies dropped. Eva screamed from the top of her lungs. "NOOOOOOOOO" she cried out. She tried pulling from the chains but it was no use. Eva cried out more once she seen who was left standing.

"WHYYYYYYYY, WHY'D YOU HAVE TO DO THAT" she cried out as Jamal walked towards Eva. He shook his head "this shit was never about you... I'm sorry you had to get hurt...." he said as he untied Eva. "Herb looked out for you" Eva cried.

Jamal sucked his teeth. "That nigga cheated me out of a lot money! Yo fiancé wasn't that fair, in fact, he cut me out the group once yo bitch ass brother came back! I WAS HIS RIGHT HAND MAN FOR MONTHS! WHILE YOUR BITCH OF A BROTHER DISAPPEARED, I WAS PICKING UP THE PIECES, I WAS MAKING SURE SHIT WAS AIGHT FOR EVERYONE!" Jamal screamed with anger as he continued to point the gun around.

Eva cried out scared for her life. Jamal stopped once he realized he was scaring her. He shook his head "huh, here's a phone.... call the police right now... at least one of them will probably make it, I'm not sure about everyone" Jamal tossed her the phone and ran out.

Eva quickly dialed 911 and informed them of everything that happened. Moments later the police and paramedics arrived while she was trying to keep the blood from coming out of both her brother and fiancé.

Flashback over

Eva

I pulled from the cigarette as I scoffed "WE" I shook my head at the comment. Yolanda eyed me side ways. "Yes, WE!" I shook my head as I stood up from the ground. "NAH, I GOTTA BURY MY FIANCÉ! YOU DON'T! I love my brother to death, I'm glad my brother is alive but don't fucking say we when I'm the only one who took a loss, my son! NALA, bitch you don't feel what we feeling right now!" I yelled.

Yolanda stood there speechless. I honestly was happy my brother was alive, he's not going to be the same so yeah Yolanda took a loss too but I'd rather Herb be handicapped than dead. Shit Yolanda got it good if you ask me. I couldn't help but feel like it was all my fault.

Bibby assured me it wasn't though... he said they was going to come after us regardless. I know Bibby is taking it harder than me, he lost his brother, his best friend.... he said how he regretted listening to Herb and getting out the car but I told him he shouldn't.

That could've been him, Herb did the right thing by letting his brother leave his side. Bibby ended up killing Jamal two weeks later. Funny how that works. I love Herb and I'll always miss him, I'm going to make sure me and Yosohn straight along with Milani. It's what he would've wanted.....

*****

A month later

Bibby

"Babe, what you say about moving to ATL" I asked Stacy. She smiled "yeah that would be dope but what about Eva and Nala?" I bit my lip thinking hard on that too. I wouldn't want to leave them. Shit Herb the reason I'm probably still alive, I feel like I owe it to him to make sure they both good.

I walked into my office and pulled out my cell phone. I dialed Eva number and she answered quickly. "Wassup Bibby?" I jumped straight to it "Aye move to ATL? Me and Stacy finna go and I don't wanna leave y'all, get Nala to come too" I suggested. The phone was silent.

"Come on Eva... I know you don't want to be in that house all by yourself with Yosohn, and I know you ain't gonna wanna be out here by yourself... you might as well come, besides it's not like your mama still out here. She moved with Yolanda and Kyle and they up in Pennsylvania somewhere. We the only family you got left" I added.

I heard her cry through the phone "yeah, okay. Nala might not come but I'll definitely go... a change would be nice, when you wanna leave" she asked. I bit my lip "shit we could all leave in a couple days! Just pack your bags, it ain't hard to go get a house out there."

Vote|Share|Comment|Opinionssssss

BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN LOL

I told y'all this chapter would be short, I'm working on the second book as we speak and I plan to have the first chapter out in a couple hours. ITS A CONTINUATION OF THIS BOOK. IT WILL NOT BE BASED ON EVA OR ANY OF THESE CURRENT MAIN CHARACTERS ANYMORE !! THEY WILL STILL BE CHARACTERS IN THE BOOK BUT IT WILL NO LONGER FOCUS THEM, WE'RE FOCUSING ON THE KIDS NOW 😉

ALSOOOO THANK YOU ALL FOR ALWAYS BEING PATIENT WITH ME, I APPRECIATE YOU ALL &' I CAN'T BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT READ MY BOOK, Y'ALL ARE FREAKING AWESOME MAN 💖 THANKS FOR STICKING AROUND.

I'LL POST AN UPDATE HERE ONCE THE SECOND BOOK IS OUT.