Book 3 - Chapter 3

Eva

It was my first name in the club and I was ready to hustle these niggas out they pockets. Herb had Yosohn for the night so it would be a perfect night. Of course he had a selective few choice of words but like I told him, he can't tell me what the fuck to do no more. I ain't his child, I'm his son mother.

I was sitting down chilling with CeeCee as Dez arrived in the club walking up to us first. "Ladies" he nodded before smirking. "You looking real nice Eva... the club don't open till another hour and I have some things I need to discuss with you so follow me" he said without giving me a chance to answer as he walked to his office.

CeeCee smirked at me and I waved her off. It's not even going down like that, I don't need this job that bad. I followed behind him into his office. "Close the door" he said sitting down. I eyed him as he remained unfazed by my stare.

I turned around and closed the door before making my way to the front of his desk taking a seat. "So, lets get to the point" I instructed. He smiled and nodded pulling out a folder. "I need you to fill these outs, it's just protocol" he shrugged.

I mugged him and took the folder reading over every word to make sure I wasn't being played. I signed the papers and filled out some information before handing it back to him. I stood up and as soon as I was about to turn around to walk out he asked me the question that shocked me.

"Why are you afraid?" I looked up and gave him a look of confusion. "What do you mean, afraid" I asked. He guided me to sit back down. "You look afraid to hold a conversation with me, afraid like I'm trying to hit on you or something." He shrugged.

I bit my lip because it was true but I wasn't afraid. I just didn't want to hold a conversation because I didn't want him to hit on me, I wasn't looking for love. I was looking for ways to make money to provide for me and my son.

"Look... I'm sorry if I make it seem that way Dezmond but that's not the case. I'm just not really interested in anything you have to say unless it has to do with work. I don't want to hold a conversation because I'm not here to do that. I'm here to make much so I can go home to my son" I explained.

He smiled "you have a son? Me too. Mine just turned one he said turning a picture frame of his son and someone I assumed to be his mother. She was white which surprised me. He didn't seem like the type to like them white girls but I guess looks is deceiving.

"He is handsome, look just like you. My son is one as well" I gave a small smile. "So you're calling me handsome then" he laughed a little making me blush. I playfully rolled my eyes and waved him off. I took my phone out showing him the pictures of my son on his first birthday that Herb sent me.

"You're not in any of them...." he trailed off looking at me weird. I scoffed because I already knew it was judgment behind that. I quickly wiped the tear that fell from my eye being that, that's a difficult topic for me.

"I was in a coma for 11 months that's why" I snapped quickly walking out his room. "Wait I'm—" is all I heard him say before the door slammed behind me. CeeCee and others stared at me. "Girl you okay" CeeCee asked getting out of her seat trying to grab me but I stormed to the bathroom.

I tried rushing in to lock the door but CeeCee pushed her way behind me. I sighed "I just want to be alone right now Ciara." She ignored my comment. "Did he try something you wasn't okay with? What just happened?" She questioned. I broke down and shook my head no.