Physics not included

Bumblebee could feel the tingle of the scanner as it's green hue travelled across his armour, he had never felt the air bite his plating like this before, and it made him anxious.
Ratchet began to determine what had happened to him. The scout is confused, every bot except Wheeljack claims he had seamlessly dissolved into a green glowing mass with metal shards orbiting his spark. However, he did not feel any different, except the one feeling that plagued him since the loss of his previous T-cog, helplessness.

He couldn't transform into his alt mode or access his weapons, and it made him feel utterly useless to the Autobots. Yet, here they are, curiously looking over his vitals, wondering what had caused him to phase like that.
Wheeljack is also confused, semi bombarding Bulkhead with questions, to which the poor lug can't answer.

"What have you found, old friend?" Optimus asks while walking towards Ratchet, who is grumpily rebooting his scanners.

"My scanners must be faulty again," he fumbled with the scanner a bit before continuing, "Bumblebee's vitals are inexplicably sound while his spark rate is uncontrollably changing in pace."

"Which means?" Arcee asked.

"Which means he shouldn't be functioning as well as he is." Ratchet looked between the two before going back to looking at his scanners.

"So, what can we do about it?" Bulkhead asked while Wheeljack backed up after realizing he wasn't going to answer any of his questions.

"Well, I have a theory. If I hadn't seen and ran the scans myself, I wouldn't believe this to be remotely possible, " the medic says no more as his walks over the Bumblebee, who grows all the more nervous.

"I want to know what difference there is in vital stability when Bumblebee is focused and unfocused during a situation where there is potential danger involved. We've all seen what happens when Bumblebee's aware of contact,"

Wait, what do you mean by contact?

With an acceleration that was unimaginable by the medic, Rachet's servo flew towards Bumblebee's chassis, but it never made contact. Instead, Bumblebee again phased, shards of metal flew around Ratchet and away from everyone in a matter of seconds.

The shards collected and formed Bumblebee once more, but he is now in front of the ground bridge, dazed.

They all stared at the scout in shock. Again.

____________________________

"Perhaps it is best that we stop the testing," Ultra Magnus finally placed a servo on Ratchet's shoulder, the medic had been prodding at Bumblebee for hours by that time. "He needs rest, doctor."

"I agree with Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee has been under a lot of stress lately, and I believe he deserves time to recuperate." Optimus stood beside Ultra Magnus and had refrained from speaking to the medic until now.

(No one wants a wrench to the helm if they can help it)

"B-b-but-"

"He needs to recharge, Ratchet," Ultra Magnus looked the medic square in the optics as he persisted. "He needs time."

"Well... fine," he relented, "I'll be in the med bay if you need me. " the medic turned, waving his servo as a sign to shoo at the three.

"Go recharge, Bumblebee," Optimus urged the scout, who slumped his shoulders and tiredly sauntered to his quarters. "Rest well."

Not long after the scout departed, the roar of familiar engines rang through the repurposed missile silo. Pulling up to the main floor, a green monster truck and blue motorcycle slowed to a halt.
Miko and Raph climbed out of Bulkhead, and Jack hopped off of Arcee. The three charges immediately took off towards the safety of the human safe-zone, where they started conversing.

"Did you hear what Vince did today? He totally roasted the teacher during science!.." Miko, as always, energetically ran towards the couch and plopped onto it with relief.

"Yeah, I'm surprised that he didn't get detention after that," Jack replied.

"I'm just as surprised that you didn't get detention today, Miko, " Raph added.

"Yeah, well, I'm on a roll. Bulkhead promised we would go to the monster truck rally this weekend if I stayed out of trouble, " Miko pounded her chest as she proudly announced her mission.

The boys laughed at her pride.

"Oh please..." Ratchet started grumbling.

"So, where's Bumblebee?" Arcee asked as she and Bulkhead stood in front of Optimus.

The three kids stopped their conversation and attentively listened to the Autobots.

"He is currently recharging after a long day of experimentation, I should have sent him off sooner."

Optimus' optics gazed towards the corridor that leads to their berthrooms, hoping that the scout would recover hastily.

"Oh-"

"What did we find out?" Bulkhead interrupted the femme, "I mean, the tests can't be for nothing, right?"

"That is something that exceeds my expertise," Optimus replied.

"But it doesn't exceed mine, " Ratchet walked up to the three from his previous spot in the med bay. "Bumblebee has proven to have... special abilities."

"Well, we all know that. I meant what kind of special are we talkin' about?" Bulkhead clarified.

"Do you remember the Iacon relic, the phase-shifter?"

"Yeah."

"He phases in a similar way to the phase-shifter, but Bumblebee remains physically unable to control when he can and cannot phase, " Ratchet paused, letting the information sink into Bulkhead's thick helm.

Now the medic caught the attention of Ultra Magnus. Wheeljack is nowhere to be found in the base, he is probably busy tooling around in the Jackhammer, away from them all.

"So... like a Mutacon without control?" Arcee asked.

"What's a Mutacon?" Raphael piped up from his spot in front of his laptop.

"Mutacons are a mysterious and powerful race of Cybertronians who are capable of taking the form of any being or object,"
Optimus' powerful baritone voice answered the child's question, "Though, I would think Bumblebee's frame would not be able to handle shifting like-"

"Well, I highly doubt even the frame of a Mutacon would be able to shift like Bumblebee has proven to do with little trouble." Ratchet interrupted the prime.

Optimus' dermas formed a thin line.

"Then what do you think it is? I mean, Bumblebee's lost a t-cog before... maybe his frame is doing something that we can't explain because of that missing part." Smokescreen walked up to the group, he had been surprisingly quiet since Bumblebee came back injured.

Ultra Magnus seemed slightly surprised to see the rookie but made no indication that it had alarmed him.