Spoilers : Allen POV (5/6)

[Volume 2 - Chapter 59 of the novel]
Allen's POV 5/6

[This following scene is not mentioned in the manhwa.]

At the National Foundation Banquet, the thought of seeing my beautiful silver girl being with the Crown Prince made me feel heartbroken and unable to participate.

I miss you, my lady. I really miss you, Tia. Can't I go see you just once? I know I shouldn't approach you to protect you. I know it may be dangerous, but can't I really go see you once, just once ?

After hesitating, I finally attended the banquet on the third day. As soon as I entered the banquet hall, my heart beat fast at the sight of my silver-haired lady.

So many people surrounded my lady. Tia smiled and talked to everybody around her.
You're getting more and more dazzling, Tia. You're taking off to a different world from me, my lady.

"May I have this dance?"

Her dazzling beauty made me ask her for a dance. My lady, who had her hair curled up like a river, wore a light-green dress, different from usual. A fresh, sunny atmosphere sprang up from the little silver girl like shoots rising in spring, like light shining through the darkness.

Tia, with a rapt smile, took my hand. The warmth from our joined hands filled my empty chest with fierce emotions. She was so pretty.
Time, stop right now. May this moment last forever, when I can hold my baby in my arms in the presence of all men.

The more the music flowed, the more the dance got closer to its end, and the sadder I got and the most difficult it was to control my mind. When I decided to attend the banquet, I thought I would just look at her face from afar. But I became greedier and greedier and kept asking for more, always more. I didn't have much time left, and there were so many things I had not done with my baby.

I thought this would be the last time I could see my little girl. When she agreed to go to the town festival with me, I kept laughing because I felt like I was floating in the air.

***

[This following scene is not mentioned in the manhwa.]

"I'm sorry, Sir Verita. Lady Aristia cannot receive any guests at the moment."

"And for what reason?"

"The Lady is sleeping because she's not feeling well."

Not feeling well? I frowned at the housekeeper's words. What was wrong with her? She looked fine when I saw her at the banquet. Don't tell me the Marquis ordered his staff to prevent me from meeting with Tia.

"What does she suffer from?"

"She's got a fever, and I was told not to disturb her rest."

"I'll wait."

"I don't know when she'll wake up."

I was angry at the young butler.

"You're but a mere butler. Since when did a butler gives order to a man of noble birth?"

"...I apologise."

"Good. If the Lady wakes up, tell her I'm in."

I glanced coldly at the butler and stared down at the basket containing the kitten. The time when I would join the mission to the Kingdom of Lua on His Majesty's orders was approaching.
I couldn't take a cat that was sensitive to the changing environment with me. So I brought it here because I thought it would be good if I left it to my lady.

My little silver-haired girl, who seemed to have little emotion on the surface but who was warm inside, would take good care of Tia, a cat named after her. And I thought that maybe it would remind her of me every time she would look at the cat.